bstriping

Anyone heading to Ocracoke or Hatteras Island next week?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anybody is heading down and in need of a roommate  to help split expenses next week? Or from this thur till next wed. I'll be kayaking and beach fishing. Already have a beach permit to drive the beaches 

Hey bstriping you should hold off the trip a couple weeks(gonna start heating up by then) and head to striper land next week instead....just saying :)

On 5/7/2018 at 8:52 PM, bstriping said:

Just wondering if anybody is heading down and in need of a roommate  to help split expenses next week? Or from this thur till next wed. I'll be kayaking and beach fishing. Already have a beach permit to drive the beaches 

Yeah Dude I will be down I havent decided on the days just yet... I'm heading down tomorrow as well.

Drum Bite has been Hot and Cold.. Big Choppers been caught too. Im looking for that SW wind. 

Cant help you on the roommate thing though. I do know some inexpensive and clean places to stay. 

12 hours ago, pilotman said:

Hey bstriping you should hold off the trip a couple weeks(gonna start heating up by then) and head to striper land next week instead....just saying :)

I'm off right now for 2 weeks. Already made a run to the Croke and got 2 reds. 1 was 42in and the other was 41in. Made the walk out to south point and got rewarded. Drum bite had been hot there and caught the tail end of it. Boat guys are already getting cobia so who knows. I will be down early June with my buddy who you saw last year catch that beast. Maybe we'll see ya down there.

18 mins ago, DaBig2na said:

Yeah Dude I will be down I havent decided on the days just yet... I'm heading down tomorrow as well.

Drum Bite has been Hot and Cold.. Big Choppers been caught too. Im looking for that SW wind. 

Cant help you on the roommate thing though. I do know some inexpensive and clean places to stay. 

Thanks. Could you message me those places? Would appreciate it! Still waiting to hear back from a couple of realtors. And yea, the only reason I left Ocracoke which was producing good numbers of quality fish was because of the change in the winds that started on Monday. 

32 mins ago, bstriping said:

Thanks. Could you message me those places? Would appreciate it! Still waiting to hear back from a couple of realtors. And yea, the only reason I left Ocracoke which was producing good numbers of quality fish was because of the change in the winds that started on Monday. 

Done,

I'm easy to spot out on the Point.. white f250 crewcab . Calcutta tag on the front and a NC State Issued Carolina Panthers tag on the back . The bite has been on for a while one friend got 14 citations over a few days. So when it's hot, it's Hot...SW wind is key for right now

4 hours ago, bstriping said:

I'm off right now for 2 weeks. Already made a run to the Croke and got 2 reds. 1 was 42in and the other was 41in. Made the walk out to south point and got rewarded. Drum bite had been hot there and caught the tail end of it. Boat guys are already getting cobia so who knows. I will be down early June with my buddy who you saw last year catch that beast. Maybe we'll see ya down there.

The 2 cobias I caught last last year fed the family for a whole year so will probably go at them again in 3 weeks...depending on work. But in a few days we'll be heading to a closer beach for a whole week hunting big stripers. We usually catch our limit most days we are there.(knock on wood) Besides you can't keep big drum.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Also if you are heading down to Hatteras by yourself you may wanna consider Drumdum. He is a moderator on  (will PM you). He has a beach house in frisco and rents all his down stairs rooms. And they all have a bathroom and access from the outside. Only $45-50 a night I believe. I stayed there once. The room and bathroom are impeccable. Here's an idea, Stay a week in Hatteras and on the way back home you will literally drive right by the rockfish bite. Catch a few to take home. :cool:

Edited by pilotman

Posted (edited) · Report post

Have fun, been some good bites this spring. Got 11 citation drum and 1 citation rock between wed-fri last week

Edited by Frogfish

He already has Kenny W's ( DrumDum) number. I gave it to him earlier this morning. 

4 hours ago, Frogfish said:

Have fun, been some good bites this spring. Got 11 citation drum and 1 citation rock between wed-fri last week

Citation? :clap::beers:

On 5/9/2018 at 4:32 PM, Frogfish said:

Yup, Wednesday through Friday was pretty good last week.

20180503_191700_1525400327962.jpg

20180505_093335_1525535637154.jpg

20180505_070236_1525535612545.jpg

20180504_202218_1525481289008_1525488443040.jpg