MorningWood

Non-Fishing related Drinking Thread

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

Just wanted to plug my sister and brother-in-laws new business going up in Colts Neck. The Colt's Neck Stillhouse. Shooting for a grand Opening by July 4th weekend. Right next door to Delicious Orchards. My Bro-in-law will be distilling whiskey, gin, rum, vodka, and flavored moonshine all under his brand name Mucklyeye. There will be a tasting room with both indoor and outdoor seating and a large room for corporate functions or private parties. There will also be a new micro-brewery going up in the barn in the back once renovations are complete. (Brewery is not associated with the distillery) My son and I got a quick tour today and we cant wait for it to be finished and opened. It's a great looking space in a great location and Delicious Orchards will be building a walking path to connect to the distillery.

DSC_0980.JPG

DSC_0984.JPG

DSC_0985.JPG

DSC_0986.JPG

On 5/8/2018 at 3:01 PM, daves745t said:

Looks awesome! What's that guy doing with both hands that makes him so smilely?

Come on you know teenage boys are notorious for playing pocket pool.

Awesome, right around the corner from me !

Kev, next time you come down to go, gimme a call, I'm all in !!

2 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Awesome, right around the corner from me !

Kev, next time you come down to go, gimme a call, I'm all in !!

You got it!

On 5/8/2018 at 3:01 PM, daves745t said:

Looks awesome! What's that guy doing with both hands that makes him so smilely?

Well he's related to a guy named morningwood....so.....

Lol

I asked my BIL about Lairds he said that all they do in Colts Neck is bottle they dont have any distilling operations they may not even use NJ apples anymore.

14 hours ago, MorningWood said:

I asked my BIL about Lairds he said that all they do in Colts Neck is bottle they dont have any distilling operations they may not even use NJ apples anymore.

Today, none of the company's production is located in New Jersey. It obtains all its apples from Virginia's Shenandoah Valley and distills its products there. Distilling at its New Jersey facilities ceased in 1972 and Laird's only blends, ages and bottles its products in Scobeyville.

I think My BIL has two great marketing opportunities. If he can source NJ sweet white corn and distill from that I think it would be a great pitch, secondly I'm sure at some point Springsteen will wander in for a tasting and if he can set up a co-branding deal with Bruce for Born to Run Rum or Jersey Girl Gin or something similar it would be a home run. He can donate half the profits to farmers or something else that Bruce supports.

24 mins ago, Goldy said:

Awesome.  I live right up the street.     Drive by all the time.   Cant wait.   How bout an SOL day

In the 3rd picture the left side of the building is going to be an event room. It is perfect sized for the Food Fling. With the distillery and a micro-brewery in the back is there a more perfect place? Its about time a food fling was held in Monmouth County.