fishoninct

Any fluke around yet?

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, notime said:

Any decent seabass in the mix yet? 

I fished on Sunday in the Niantic area at various spots from 20'-90' deep.  There wasn't much life anywhere.  We didn't even catch any small sea bass.  There's usually tons of them around this time of year.  We ended up with 6 short fluke (around 18")  and a sea robin.  Saw a small school of small bluefish chasing small bait a couple miles offshore and that was it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was a little east of you about a week ago and got zip.    I was only fishing for a short time as the kids had wake boarding on the agenda but with squid and jigs on the bottom I thought I’d at least get bugged by scup.   

Edited by notime
Typo

Fished past Sunday. New haven area. 2 short fluke, 2 short sea bass, 3 robins and a small dogfish.  Drifted 4 hours at least.  SLOW fishing for sure. 

Will hit it again hard starting Friday as I finish school Thursday. Will venture more westerly. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Saw one nice keeper caught early Saturday morning from the shore in Waterford.  Bucktail   

I only caught a small Robin.  Saw no other caTches though plenty of guys trying. Saw no bait in the water 

Edited by Paul E

Zero drift out of the Norwalk/Stamford area this afternoon on the first few hours of the falling tide. Had five short sea bass, six robins. Yet to see even a short fluke this year. Tried adding some power to the drift to no avail. 

Fishoninct, what did he hit if you don't mind me asking. We about to hit the Chesapeake Bay in couple weeks....hope to get in to some flounder. That a nice fish there.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:45 PM, z-man said:

I fished on Sunday in the Niantic area at various spots from 20'-90' deep.  There wasn't much life anywhere.  We didn't even catch any small sea bass.  There's usually tons of them around this time of year.  We ended up with 6 short fluke (around 18")  and a sea robin.  Saw a small school of small bluefish chasing small bait a couple miles offshore and that was it.

Same general area this past Friday and did about the same.   Couple of small sea bass, few sea robins, 1 16" fluke, a large snapper blue, and a few scup. 

11 hours ago, Waydown said:

Fishoninct, what did he hit if you don't mind me asking. We about to hit the Chesapeake Bay in couple weeks....hope to get in to some flounder. That a nice fish there.

Berkley gulp swimming mullet on a bucktail. Catching more flush on that than bait.