Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nfd27

Lucanus Jig

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Anyone use them? I think this year I'm going to give them a shot targeting BSBs on wrecks after reading a decent article on them. I'm curious if anyone has used them to target flounder I'd imagine they'd work pretty well. The price tag is a drag but supposedly they're the real deal when it comes to hooking larger fish. 

They do work well but way overpriced. They have plenty of jigs that look just like them for a fraction of the cost. Try using a bucktail with rubber grub or diamond jig for the same results and you don’t have to worry about losing them. 

I always did better with a bucktail. I think they are made to catch anglers not fish. I think I used one for a few hours with no results, it was removed and tossed in a bin where it has sat for at least 4 seasons, I'll post a pic of that rusty, overpriced piece of crap.

15 hours ago, Humboldt Squid said:

They do work well but way overpriced. They have plenty of jigs that look just like them for a fraction of the cost. Try using a bucktail with rubber grub or diamond jig for the same results and you don’t have to worry about losing them. 

15 hours ago, Slayer said:

I always did better with a bucktail. I think they are made to catch anglers not fish. I think I used one for a few hours with no results, it was removed and tossed in a bin where it has sat for at least 4 seasons, I'll post a pic of that rusty, overpriced piece of crap.

The guys are correct, especially for BSB, a Diamond jig, or hammered diamind jig works well and a lot cheaper,  BSB hit just about anything. 

They work well IMO and don't get hung up nearly as much as diamond jigs.  Obviously crazy expensive and not worth it at full retail.  Seems like they go on sale frequently though, my guess is they are not that popular.

Yeah I think if I do get a few it’d be the similar brands for half the price. I normally bucktail I just wanted to add something a little different to my bag of tricks 

Use the pink one or pink/white combo when targeting BSB.  I've used them on party boats and drifting in a CC in 50-100 feet of water.  They are great.  I've only lost one in 3 years but it was expensive to replace.