Gibbs New in Box

Mako238

Hey squad

I have a few what i believe to be original Stan Gibbs never fished new in original box plugs. 

Is there a good secondary market on these? if they are not worth much more than new stuff  Ill probably just hold on to them. 

I have looked on ebay and I cant seem to find originals, never fished. Does that give them a premium?  

Thanks 

Representative of the lot: 

CBFF2455-5A98-40F3-8BA1-FA3EDBAB41BC.jpeg

587020C7-5B23-42B4-B86E-ED11938E9B5A.jpeg

E4516F03-1B5C-4B8A-8755-3DCF751B77CF.jpeg

58613FE2-3527-4116-A94A-8474D50D9927.jpeg

9C274A2D-8057-4ED7-BEBB-9FFD45F85A51.jpeg

B7C0BF2B-8EBD-4B0A-8F3B-EF4D8BF1A867.jpeg

3 hours ago, capesams said:

rusted/corroded hardware......bad hook pointers...used....not good collectors but  fishers.

Exactly. This thread reminds me of the various businesses over the years who register and pretend to have ‘found’ some amazing products that they just had to tell us about :rolleyes:

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

7 hours ago, Mako238 said:

Thanks for the welcome. 

Just delete the thread. 

Ill go back to where I came from.

I bet you don’t pretend to be just some guy that has no idea if these are collectible or should you just chuck them at bluefish wherever you came from. People don’t like to be lied to, people don’t like to be played. Pretending your aren’t a long time collector to drum up interest in stuff for which you already knew the value is dishonest. Dishonest people aren’t welcome here, that’s why your welcome felt a little chilly :read:

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

I bet you don’t pretend to be just some guy that has no idea if these are collectible or should you just chuck them at bluefish wherever you came from. People don’t like to be lied to, people don’t like to be played. Pretending your aren’t a long time collector to drum up interest in stuff for which you already knew the value is dishonest. Dishonest people aren’t welcome here, that’s why your welcome felt a little chilly 

Lets see. I was going to just move on but I really dislike being called a liar. 

Not a long time collector. Fished the surf from 92/93-2002 when I bought a boat, a Mako 238. 

Unfortunately as a junkie in various genres I acquire a lot of gear. Very guilty of this in fishing and in golf. 

Drumming up interest, I don’t need to. Ecomonics 101 is a pretty simple dicipline. If there is demand, the existing supply will provide price equilibrium and the product will sell where it should. I was looking for a starting point because I dont know what they’re worth. Its called price discovery. Im sorry I enrolled on SOL for this. I was told I might get answers over here by my local tackle guys because you guys know your ****, although it might be a bit curmudgeonly. Honestly, I dont mind the wariness, its your site, you built it, and the rules should be yours. If I had known I couldnt sell before 15 posts I wouldve never been here. 

These particular 8 lures, the Gibbs. I was given them in 2009 by a friend who has since passed. At the time I had about 100 plugs hanging in my garage. Those 100 are currently for sale on ebay as I need to empty my house for sale. (I wont provide my ebay handle as I dont want to promote anything on your site). He thought I could use these gibbs. They have sat in my garage since as I had stopped fishing the surf seven years earlier. They are no different in my mind than the set of brand new Callaway Bobby Jones I bought in 1993 and are still sitting in their original box, never used. Or the 1995 Masters program signed by Tiger, Jack, and Arnie. If  I think something may be worth something I will hold on to it; and btw never did I say i would toss them to bluefish. You did. But it would make me pretty happy, if they arent worth a premium, to go to a guy will fish them and appreciate them. Maybe even a new guy. I still remember my first 28” bass in the surf. What I took it on, what the conditions were, and unfortunately how many ****in bluefish I weeded thru to land it. 

As to whether theyve been fished. They appeared new to me, never fished. As far as me misrepresenting them, how is that? I didnt offer them for sale. Maybe I didnt examine them closely enough, but i think I used the words “appear new”? 

So coach, I am not butt hurt I got a chilly welcome. Maybe I even expected it. 

To be clear, I came here looking for a little help; I’m not a collector, I am not drumming up interest. There are what 20-30-40 guys in the world that would care about these? I bet if and when I choose to offer them they’ll find the listing pretty easily. 

I suppose this post might make the board, or it might not. No matter to me. I just dont like being called a liar. There’s enough scumbaggery out there so I guess I get your calling me a liar. But I dont have to like it. I was just hoping I could find a little help on SOL. 

Anyway Tim, I hope you land your PB on a dark night very soon. 

If your still around to read this there's many collectors who know values...but like everything else  values can be all over the place depending on who you ask.....condition is everything in a collectors world..that in itself puts a value on the item...Far to many times folks come here only looking for "what's it worth"..this turns a collector right off...nothing is asked of it's history...where or maybe when or even who built it...they are only interested in the buck....folks get lazy....go to fleabay...do the search...learn something...go to completed items....see the going prices the item is selling for today...tomorrow it may bottom out...the blue wave gibbs popper you have just happens to be there now..a mint earlier one with a nice fuzzy eye for buy it now for with box...25.00.