Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stryper Snyper

Poppy are you out there??

5 posts in this topic

I had the honor of meeting and talking with Poppy and a buddy of his a few years ago.  During Bill's Striper Tournament.   Both absolute gentlemen.  Not sure why he no longer posts here.... don't really care....  pray he is doing well.  Has anyone seen him ?   I would like to shake his hand again.

Yeah, I saw the bump of his very informative thread about reading the water (good bump by the way... :th: ), and was wondering the same thing. I looked at his profile, and sometime in 2015 was the last he posted.

Wish he would come back. :)

Posted (edited)

Poppy signed off on Sept.01, 2013...with a heartfelt remembrance of the then recently  passed Bill Klein and a word or two about the changes in surf fishing he had seen in his years ( plus an almost cautionary comment on the decline of the striped bass he had seen since its resurgence at the start of the millenium.) I guess the passing of certain individuals coupled with the loss of decent size and numbers of rockfish caused him to stop and think about life and maybe re- focus on how to use what time he has left.

Edited by dixiekraut

1 hour ago, Steve Coleman said:

He could be a bit per·nick·et·y :howdy:

You know him better than I.....he actually mentioned your name in his last post....