CcCstriper89

2018 Hunting

Rate this topic

115 posts in this topic

With turkey season coming quick hoping to see some pics posted in here of some birds. I don’t spend as much time scouting and pursuing turkeys as I do deer but I will be in the woods for sure with my gun in hand.  

Until then; here are some recent pics of sheds I have found. I am up to 17 this season. The coolest set I have found so far. All 3 antlers from the same buck I found last years and this years of 1 side first; then grid searched and found the other half of last years. Total 3 from

the same buck in one trip. Also found an old chewed up smaller one on the way out.

6D03FCB1-698B-41C7-A93C-0B182C3879D9.jpeg

133E9FF2-8619-4987-927D-7C5C0A24E40E.jpeg

C419916E-D972-44C8-ADF2-E157B9E99E46.jpeg

Very impressive finds !!!  I can never seem to find sheds when I am out in the woods. Waiting on turkey season to start. I might get out to hunt this year. I am not a big turkey hunter. I don't eat them except for the breast deep fried so it seems a waste to kill an animal I won't really eat. Here is a pic from the backyard the other day. I think they know I won't hunt them. Lol

IMG_1110.JPG

Good work on the sheds. I can never find any here when I'm looking for them. Will stumble into one once and awhile when turkey hunting.  

Thanks guys. I am not a huge turkey hunter either; partly because I see them in yards everywhere then can’t find them

in huntable woods and get annoyed haha. I have gotten a few though and do go out every year. Great time to find sheds too. Here is another cool one I found a few weeks ago. Just spotted the tips through the snow 

9E867D65-7B26-4FBF-99E3-BC5D968C5DF7.jpeg

A1E5A0E0-D053-4B4C-AB9C-BDCBBA01C2EB.jpeg

Had to search for this thread it had fallen so many pages back.  :laugh:

Can check and see if you were successful in the Antlerless Permit drawing, starting today. Not much suspense for you Eastern MA guys, but the odds only run about 25% in my zone. 

That said I believe the MassFishHunt site is having issues. No link to check and see if I was successful in my account (I know it's supposed to be in the "Buy" section), looked on every available page.  :why:

wow i almost forgot about drawings for doe tags, i was born and raised in mass. but moved in 2001 down south to N Carolina, we are lucky , when i buy my hunting licence they allow us and give you 4 doe tags and 2 buck tags. i plan on moving back here soon and it is going to suck having to apply for those again.............good luck with your tags

I got my zone 8 this morning. The website is definitely having issues I believe. I checked out and my permit was sent to me. They charged me 0.00 and even sent me the receipt saying so.

I called them and said I was not charged for my permit; and they told me that the permit would not be pulled from me nor did they ask me to make the 5.15 payment that was due.

Heard via social media that it was happening to others too. They are probably trying to fix it before half the state gets their doe permit for free.

I am not showing any details about my Z9 permit. 95% chance of getting it or something, but perhaps I missed this season. 

1 hour ago, ged said:

I am not showing any details about my Z9 permit. 95% chance of getting it or something, but perhaps I missed this season. 

Mass fish and wildlife is having technical difficulties with the doe permit system according to their email it is currently shut down but will be back up as soon as possible and will not affect the odds of those permits that are “lottery”. I am sure you will get yours when the system is back online 

Applied for zone 2. Not expecting to get one with so few available. Luckily i also hunt zone 10 so i always am able to get one of the surplus permits from this zone.

2 hours ago, Colrain said:

Applied for zone 2. Not expecting to get one with so few available. Luckily i also hunt zone 10 so i always am able to get one of the surplus permits from this zone.

1 hour ago, Eagles Dare said:

I hunt 4N - worst odds of drawing a permit in the state.  :laugh:

Ooops. I see Zone 2 is even worse odds than 4N.

My condolences!  

1 hour ago, Eagles Dare said:

Ooops. I see Zone 2 is even worse odds than 4N.

My condolences!  

Yup not very good odds in either zone although I did get a zone 2 permit in 2015 but didn't shoot one.  Not like zone 10 were you usually fill your doe permit first time in the woods.