Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scubachris

10' Rockaway Surf Rod by Okuma!

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I think you guys are a little too worried about what I think. 

Everyone fishes differently and expects different things from their gear. 

Like i said, it’s probably me that’s missing something. The store is really small and cramped with what feels like a 7’ ceiling. It’s really hard for me to whip a long rod around and get a really good feel for it. 

I’m gonna go back and take another look at the rods they have in stock and maybe i’ll find that I like them a little better this time around. I can’t even really remember the exact models I looked at. At the time I had NorCal stripers on my mind and was not really thinking about getting a lighter rod more suited for SoCal surf fishing. 

Enjoy your rods!!! :) 

Just now, SoCalStripers said:

I think you guys are a little too worried about what I think. 

Everyone fishes differently and expects different things from their gear. 

Like i said, it’s probably me that’s missing something. The store is really small and cramped with what feels like a 7’ ceiling. It’s really hard for me to whip a long rod around and get a really good feel for it. 

I’m gonna go back and take another look at the rods they have in stock and maybe i’ll find that I like them a little better this time around. I can’t even really remember the exact models I looked at. At the time I had NorCal stripers on my mind and was not really thinking about getting a lighter rod more suited for SoCal surf fishing. 

Enjoy your rods!!! :) 

Thanks. I was just thinking you might have some insight into them that would be helpful. Like I said the one I have seems adequate at the price point but you always wonder what you could get for that extra $50 or $100 that you can't get in this particular line of rods. 

On 8/21/2018 at 7:47 AM, Otony said:

Been using a 12 foot Rockaway Medium for perch at, ta-da, Rockaway Beach in Oregon. It is doing the job perfectly, but it isn't the 10 foot you asked about. I'm tossing 2 oz weights with 15 or 20 pound braid and killing 'em.

Great value for the money, very nice quality. I can't imagine the 10 footer being anything less.

after having using this rod for a year, what do you think ?

I was looking at this for plugging Cali for stripers.

My very first keeper was cut today on 10 footer, 1/2 to 2oz, South Shore Beach.

No problem and it felt rod has a plenty of back bone for this fishing.

Thank you Okuma for great feeling.

Thank you Shimano IX4000R for easy reeling.