BrianBM

Manufacturer's reps on site

30 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, crazybellringer said:

I do believe there is a guy from shimano.  I just don't want to tell you his name. 

^ Gets it.

Posted (edited)

Lureman is now with black hole

I'm with stupid

stupid_m_product-750x750.jpg

Edited by scoobydoo

6 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Lureman is now with black hole

I'm with stupid

stupid_m_product-750x750.jpg

I am not sure about it. Lureman helps us a lot. He even helped us at Somerset Show.  But he uses all other brands rods too and he is free to promote any other brands. If Lureman like to be associated with Black Hole USA rods and use exclusively Black Hole USA rods, he is welcome. 

3 hours ago, ksong said:

I am not sure about it. Lureman helps us a lot. He even helped us at Somerset Show.  But he uses all other brands rods too and he is free to promote any other brands. If Lureman like to be associated with Black Hole USA rods and use exclusively Black Hole USA rods, he is welcome. 

cool.

Thanks for clarifying.  That's what's great about this thread!  Everything is made crystal clear!

9 hours ago, HKJonathan said:

I think reelfire is affiliated with Black Hole

Not any more ......... he's under the Bus.

There is a line here...a couple actually :)

The first is - we don’t allow unpaid advertising here. That means people aren’t welcome to put their companies or companies they get free stuff or money from in their signatures. People have abused this in the past using their signature to promote their companies or the products they represent in their signature. This is why there is not presently a requirement or even the allowance for people to add this to their signatures.

2. We do NOT allow commercial use of PMs here. This means NO ONE - except for paying sponsors -should EVER use PMs for any business/promotional/buying/selling or even passing on business contact information. When someone says “I’m a blahblahblah rep” - and someone PMs them for pricing, availability, where they can purchase or to seek ANY business related information - both have violated our PM rules. Businesses are welcome to contact me to discuss becoming sponsors - those that SOL can get behind and support who wish to advertise here can become site sponsors. Then they can promote their products here and use PMs for business related conversations as well as promote their social media channels, link to their websites, promote specials, announce new products and offer specials to site members. NO ONE ELSE SHOULD EVER RESPOND TO OR SEND PMS HERE THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS RELATED.

This means even if someone sends them a PM asking a business question, they should not respond. If they do it should be only to tell the person that they cannot use PMs to support or promote their business in any way.

We do allow businesses or their representatives to respond to questions - provided that their responses do not contain commercial contact information, their posts are on topic and relevant to the discussion they entered and they aren’t telling people where they can buy their items.

I do agree there needs to be a way to identify people who are paid in money or goods to promote a product. It’s generally pretty clear just by reading their responses. There is a line between letting folks know that your opinion is being paid for and advertising - and some ‘reps’ definitely cross the line, perhaps unintentionally. This is definitely an area that needs some clarification - I’m going to work on it :)

Until then the above rules regarding PMs continues to be in effect - folks using PMs in ANY business context will

risk being removed from this site if they are caught. Members using PMs to solicit or purchase goods or services from others risk being removed if they are caught. If it feels like business please don’t do it via PMs here unless you are paying to be a sponsor :)

TimS

Posted (edited)

this is lureman, just want to say, i am not a pro staff, and am not a sales rep for any company, Kil Song is a friend of mine,,yes i have field tested BH Surf rods, and help Kil Song when and if i can, i just want to have FUN-FISHING, I DO RESPECT and like BH rods, like i mentioned in earlier posts, MAN,, as fishermen today, we have the best of the best,,.With different. companies.......enjoy - Butch N.

Edited by lureman

Signatures should indicate not advertise, for example - 'affiliated with rinky dink reels', no logos, slogans, or promotions, just an id in plain writing.

1 hour ago, TimS said:

There is a line here...a couple actually :)

The first is - we don’t allow unpaid advertising here. That means people aren’t welcome to put their companies or companies they get free stuff or money from in their signatures. People have abused this in the past using their signature to promote their companies or the products they represent in their signature. This is why there is not presently a requirement or even the allowance for people to add this to their signatures.

2. We do NOT allow commercial use of PMs here. This means NO ONE - except for paying sponsors -should EVER use PMs for any business/promotional/buying/selling or even passing on business contact information. When someone says “I’m a blahblahblah rep” - and someone PMs them for pricing, availability, where they can purchase or to seek ANY business related information - both have violated our PM rules. Businesses are welcome to contact me to discuss becoming sponsors - those that SOL can get behind and support who wish to advertise here can become site sponsors. Then they can promote their products here and use PMs for business related conversations as well as promote their social media channels, link to their websites, promote specials, announce new products and offer specials to site members. NO ONE ELSE SHOULD EVER RESPOND TO OR SEND PMS HERE THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS RELATED.

This means even if someone sends them a PM asking a business question, they should not respond. If they do it should be only to tell the person that they cannot use PMs to support or promote their business in any way.

We do allow businesses or their representatives to respond to questions - provided that their responses do not contain commercial contact information, their posts are on topic and relevant to the discussion they entered and they aren’t telling people where they can buy their items.

I do agree there needs to be a way to identify people who are paid in money or goods to promote a product. It’s generally pretty clear just by reading their responses. There is a line between letting folks know that your opinion is being paid for and advertising - and some ‘reps’ definitely cross the line, perhaps unintentionally. This is definitely an area that needs some clarification - I’m going to work on it :)

Until then the above rules regarding PMs continues to be in effect - folks using PMs in ANY business context will

risk being removed from this site if they are caught. Members using PMs to solicit or purchase goods or services from others risk being removed if they are caught. If it feels like business please don’t do it via PMs here unless you are paying to be a sponsor :)

TimS

Ah!  THAT sentence explains a lot.

On 4/15/2018 at 7:11 PM, BrianBM said:

We have Kilsong, a furiously active fisherman who is the North American distributor for Black Hole.

We have a Penn Forum.  Occasionally one of the guys from Penn steps into Main, usually Tunanorth. He's been quiet of late. 

Ryan White is the distributor for Century, and he's a member. He's not too often here anymore, and when he is, it's most often in Distance Casting and Hatteras Forums. I think he's also involved in Siegler Reels.

We have had intermittent visits from IRT Reels and KastKing.  

Since the one gent left Lamiglas and moved to Mud Hole, Lami hasn't had a company voice here. (Very foolish of the new management.)  I can't remember his name.

Shipwreck has an in with daiwa.  I don't think we have any official representation from Shimano. 

Billy40 has his line of rods, and he's all over the place here.

CTS distribution has been a variable thing. I don't think we have anyone from CTS at the moment, and I have no clue who or where the distributor/distributors might be.

Who is ODM, if anyone, on SOL now? And FSC?

Fly fishing is a different universe, but outside of FF, have I missed anyone?

Happy to answer any questions on behalf of myself and any of the Team ODM Members as well.

I’ve been the voice of Lamiglas on here for over a year now, although I don’t get in here as much as I’d like. 

BTW the “new management” you speak of is Tom Posey. Son of Dick Posey, who ran Lamiglas for 60 years until he passed in 2015.

I stand corrected. Happy to see you here.

We will look forward to what Lami offers in the future.