Does this mean you’re kayak fishing?

On 4/16/2018 at 7:09 PM, chessie_yaker said:

Have you ever yaked the Chesapeake? I’m not saying it can be the worst, but it can be very unforgiving. I’d have to say it can be the scariest place I’ve ever yaked, but I’ll keep doing it as long as there’s a bite (and with proper precautions). You can have a nice warm sunny day with a wind value of nil and in ten minutes it turns black with golf ball sized raindrops and gusts above 40mph. Then in 15 minutes back to sunny glass like it never happened. That’ll remind you how small you are in a hurry. 

I always wondered what it must be like to be alocal to that waterbody....There's nothing like it on the east coast...it's like it's own climate..............

Yeah we all get pop up storms.....some worse than others...and some days are more unstable than others.

But your neck of the woods always seems to be poppin with some nasty storm.  And anything that makes it there explodes it seams....where in my neck of the woods...the delaware river is where storms go to die

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

I like the ability to cover distance as needed.  That Sone speed and the freedom that comes with it is part of the appeal of kayak fishing to me.  If I was fishing a very small body of water a wide slow stand up capable kayak would be ok but not for general purposes.  Each to their own.

Alex

7 hours ago, fishfinder401 said:

I would try a skinny kayak at some point but I feel it would sink down low enough where it would look like I was just sitting on water haha actualy... that could be cool

Skinny doesn't mean low weight capacity. The Kaskazi Dorado capacity is 420 pounds. The Stealth kayaks will take angler weight up to 325 pounds with 40 pounds of gear. 

8 hours ago, kinghong1970 said:

oh and a quick vid on Stealth Fisha 460...

and yea, it's a wet ride...

but damn they look sexy...

iirc, this is their latest version of the Fisha range that replaced their evolution range

one of these days... fly to South Africa and customize one... to hang on my other wall of the living room... next to my Dorado II

Any kayak with venturi drains is going to be slow to empthy of water. But the Stealth is NOT a wet ride. 

8 hours ago, kinghong1970 said:

reaching the rear tank well while seated is tough... but i'm portly in stature so we'll not discuss that any further... sitting sideways kinda tough because it is so deep... some relief by straddling over the gunwales but again the high and narrow gunwales on side.

I never thought it was hard to sit sideways in a kaskazi. 

P4280886.jpg

i recall reading over at a forum somewhere that a stealth owner was thinking of keeping his bait alive by putting it in the footwell... could have been a video.. but that was a while ago and probably in the wee hours of the night so...

personally, i don't mind the wet ride factor much... but this is me. i don't fish all day nor do i fish very often.

i am overweight and sometimes i like to get some relief by straddling over the gunwales or sitting side saddle for period of times...

so everyone's different and i'm sure if i was fit, side ways would not be too much of an issue... but the seat is deep.

no complaints... just the nature of the beast... 

those little black ovals, patches to protect glass from hardware?

Yellow Eyed Devils
There's no Sense in Nonsense!

1 hour ago, kinghong1970 said:

i recall reading over at a forum somewhere that a stealth owner was thinking of keeping his bait alive by putting it in the footwell... could have been a video.. but that was a while ago and probably in the wee hours of the night so...

personally, i don't mind the wet ride factor much... but this is me. i don't fish all day nor do i fish very often.

i am overweight and sometimes i like to get some relief by straddling over the gunwales or sitting side saddle for period of times...

so everyone's different and i'm sure if i was fit, side ways would not be too much of an issue... but the seat is deep.

no complaints... just the nature of the beast... 

those little black ovals, patches to protect glass from hardware?

I can only speak to my own kayaks. My Marlin has water in the footwells. Not the Stealth. 

Yes, they are protective. 

On 19/4/2018 at 9:05 AM, scoobydoo said:

I always wondered what it must be like to be alocal to that waterbody....There's nothing like it on the east coast...it's like it's own climate..............

Yeah we all get pop up storms.....some worse than others...and some days are more unstable than others.

But your neck of the woods always seems to be poppin with some nasty storm.  And anything that makes it there explodes it seams....where in my neck of the woods...the delaware river is where storms go to die

Yeah I feel privelaged to live so close and I wish I had more free time to take advantage of it. We went out around noon and faught 20+ knot winds to get out there, but around 4 the switch was flipped and it was a sheet of glass. Got a big hit that bent the rod straight down, but she threw the hook. Hitting the water at 4 to get into position to have some heifers tow us around. Gonna be a cold morning 

As as far as the storms popping up one shore can have bright sunshine and the other side is getting pounded. It is a unique area storm wise. Radar means almost nothing. Watching the air masses helps to guess if the chance is there, but she can always sneak up on ya. 

I havent fished the DE river in a good while. I would like to get a trip in this yeah, but I need to scope out the camping and fishing areas and try to make a plan. That’s one the yak will most likely stay home for. I want to balance the hike and yak trips this year.

I spend a lot of time down there. From Crisfield to Kent N to conowingo. It's an amazing place. It's a shame so much humanity surrounds it as we are polluting the heck out of it. And the small Striper size limit drives  me nuts lol. But you can't beat it for size scope and beauty that's for sure!  Enjoy. 

Oddly enough the older I get the more I appreciate Delaware too. They got a lot of great fishing and pretty country. A buddy of mine had to move down there. He is a Jackson Pro and I was like well there goes his fishing when I heard the news he was leaving the NE. Shoot he is probably better off.  

Edited by Shipwreck

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

• 2 weeks later...