bulk galv fasteners - wing nuts, washers and hanger bolts

Rate this topic

mybeach

Can anyone recommend a source for galvanized BULK fasteners?

I need a couple hundred of each:

1/4 x 3 or 4 #20 hanger bolts, preferably with a head for driving (phillips, square, torx etc)

large fender type washers, 1.5" or so with 1/4" hole

wing nuts 1/4" #20, OR will settle for standard nuts /14" #20.

Need them shipped too.

Forget homies etc. Maybe Granger or someone?

Thanks!

29 mins ago, JAMD said:

McMaster Carr. They have everything hardware

I second that, just bought brake band lining from them, for a vessel mooring winch, which was made in croatia!!!! Eff me, the port engineer told me before I started working for them, they bought it from the winch mfgr, took em 9 months!!! WTF google search! Too for the hardware MCM can be pricey also try fastenal  lemme look up another place cant remember their name.

43 mins ago, JAMD said:

McMaster Carr. They have everything hardware

I second that, just bought brake band lining from them, for a vessel mooring winch, which was made in croatia!!!! Eff me, the port engineer told me before I started working for them, they bought it from the winch mfgr, took em 9 months!!! WTF google search! Too for the hardware MCM can be pricey also try fastenal and msc industrial supply

Edited by Snaps

Not sure how big a town you are near, but consider looking for  local sources that supports the industrial or building base.  For what I think you are seeking, it might be as simple as going to a good building supply store.  If not, they might be able to point you to someone. A lot of contractors don't rely on the big box stores. Or there are often fastener specialty shops-  Google  or Yellow pages for industrial fasteners.  I am often amazed at the type of niche/ specialty businesses I never new about that are located in some industrial park nearby. I have found McMaster-Carr and Grainger to be awesome, especially if you need something really oddball or quickly.  But they do often command a price premium.  

Checked out Fastenal - crazy shipping, $200 plus for 14 lbs. - Pretty much the same extravagant amount for everyone. I need it fast.

Fazzio - super heavy duty stuff. Nothing on the site I'm looking for.

Bolt Depot - same crazy shipping.

Turns out Amazon had bulk items and the fastest, cheapest shipping. Prime.

Getting stuff to HI is no picnic. Many companies even refuse to ship here.

thanks for the ideas men.

Just wondering what your project is from the hardware? I used the same hardware to make hurricane shudders for the sliding glass doors and windows. I used stainless from a local chandler that also makes antenna mounts.

"Ban Pre-shredded Cheese, Make America Grate Again"