fishweewee

Looks like toll roads are coming back to CT

56 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Big Biscuit said:

Gotcow? If the Dems are in control after the elections you can bet your bottom dollar we're going to have tolls. You can take that to the bank.

As long as they want to get reelected there will be no tolls. You can take that to the bank.

The Dems control the House and they had to cancel the vote because of how bad they would have looked had the vote been allowed to proceed.

14 hours ago, Big Biscuit said:

For now. 

key words unfortunately...

it's only a matter of time. once they start drooling over a new 'revenue' source they don't stop until it happens.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:48 AM, John P said:

I'm trying to sell a house in CT and I can tell you it ain't easy to g.et what it is worth

I'm in the same boat, but i think we are both overestimating what the houses is worth. With the Government chasing GE out of the state, house prices in Fairfield county have tanked.

Pray for a change in Hartford this yr.  I am also astounded at the poor real estate mkt. I am looking to down size,but may just weight this bad era out. All the other areas of the country see huge house demand and rising prices.  Malloy is a total disaster.

I see legalized marijuana coming so they can tax that as a new source of revenue.

Of course, they won't reduce spending....

4 hours ago, gman1253 said:

I see legalized marijuana coming so they can tax that as a new source of revenue.

Of course, they won't reduce spending....

Now why in the world would they want to become fiscally responsible? That's not their game. 

4 hours ago, Big Biscuit said:

Now why in the world would they want to become fiscally responsible? That's not their game. 

Biscuit -- I love your avatar.