FlukeOff

2018 Sea Robin Fishing Tournament

Rate this topic

94 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, Marty said:

Never posted school bass but since you mentioned it.  There is nothing as a cow sea robin. Cow bass but not cow sea robin. What has happened to this generation. Cow sea robin. I’m laughing so hard right now. Cow sea robin, I now hear it all. 

Just going to be honest here - you must not fish that much if you've never heard stories of cow sea robins, their epic midnight blitzes, and the really big ones swallowing 10# fluke whole. I know you have some nice reels but perhaps you are really a golfer? 

12 hours ago, CT Stripes said:

The shirt alone is worth the price of admission, lol.

FB_IMG_1523404358004.jpg

Finally a contest for the wily, and regal, king of the inshore.  Thank all of you guys for the heads up.

18 hours ago, hydraman said:

Haha now you can really brag. You win this one they will make you a crown. Three 50’s in three days is nice  

why didnt they put a bass on the hat when they made it?

On 4/10/2018 at 7:30 AM, qecfly said:

Checking it out.  I can never seem to catch them when I want to.  Several years ago I ran into a huge number of them in LI while striper fishing from shore with a fly rod.  Went back and picked up the kids.  Must have caught 25 or so, most with a fly rod. Saved a few of the large one to eat.  Very tasty. 

Quinn

Put  on a pink shad dart! You’ll catch all you need

On 4/9/2018 at 3:44 PM, Dan Tinman said:

Just looked it up.  What a disappointment.  New Jersey is not included, just New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.  Sent them a email asking them to re-consider and include Jersey.  

Dan - did they ever email you back? Maybe NJ has too many and it would be an unfair advantage?! 

10 mins ago, FlukeOff said:

Dan - did they ever email you back? Maybe NJ has too many and it would be an unfair advantage?! 

Not yet.  Wish they would include NJ.

@Marty I just removed a bunch of posts from this thread - yours primarily. Please stop derailing discussions with your off topic stuff. It's becoming a bit of an issue as of late - let people decide what topic they want to discuss - if you want to discuss something else, start your own thread - thanks :wave:

TimS

#1 Do ya measure between the wings or the length?

#2 Can someone recommend  a custom sea robin rod. I'd like to keep it under5-600 bucks.

The biggest sea robin I "caught" was when we were fluking in an area mobbed by sea robins. Reeling up one and when i got it near the surface a monster robin was following it up unhooked and I just left the hooked robin on the surface and the giant one would not leave. We just scooped it up with a net. should of measured it enormous.