FlukeOff

2018 Sea Robin Fishing Tournament

Rate this topic

94 posts in this topic

That's right, a sea robin tournament! Open to NY, CT, RI, and MA waters. At first I thought it was fake but all seems legit. I joined simply to jinx myself. I'm sure I won't get one all year now.....win, win! Imagine yelling for the net while jigging up a beast only to be disappointed by a 6# sea biscuit. "Arg, I was hoping it was a robin." LOL. Anyways, seems like a fun way to spend $20 and the shirt is pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, Big Will said:

So this is what fishing has come to :(  overfishing has resulted in sea robin tournaments. What’s next dogfish tournaments? 

Will - as we type away here the mass COW Sea Robin migration is underway. Don't miss out on your chance to land a world record 9# beast Robin. 

1 min ago, FlukeOff said:

Will - as we type away here the mass COW Sea Robin migration is underway. Don't miss out on your chance to land a world record 9# beast Robin. 

Lol. They get that big?

3 mins ago, Big Will said:

Lol. They get that big?

Haha. No clue. I think the CT record is around 5#. One note - this tournament is NOT c&r. They encourage eating your catch. 

Just looked it up.  What a disappointment.  New Jersey is not included, just New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.  Sent them a email asking them to re-consider and include Jersey.  

8 mins ago, Dan Tinman said:

Just looked it up.  What a disappointment.  New Jersey is not included, just New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.  Sent them a email asking them to re-consider and include Jersey.  

No sea robins in NJ?

4 hours ago, FlukeOff said:

Haha. No clue. I think the CT record is around 5#. One note - this tournament is NOT c&r. They encourage eating your catch. 

They encourage c&r. "We encourage the safe release of Sea Robin, however, if you prefer to keep your Sea Robins for the grill, feel free (following your local laws)."

3 mins ago, Markushook said:

tons of sea robins in New Jersey. 

. . . must be the reason why NJ was excluded . . . unfair advantage :laugh: . . .

1 hour ago, JoelJ said:

. . . must be the reason why NJ was excluded . . . unfair advantage :laugh: . . .

prob. I've caught my share. caught many huge SR in the Delaware Bay