EricJ

April Fishing Report

124 posts in this topic

Shad, Shad, Shad !!!

Shad are everywhere from Trenton to the NY state line in the Delaware !

SRSA club trip was this weekend. Froze our arses off the whole time but had a lot of fun.

Watch for our own Rich Swiss doing an American Shad episode of On the Waters TV show to be aired next season.

On 4/30/2018 at 10:40 AM, tcal4404 said:

Nice catching everyone, seems like the action is heating up across the board.

Got out Friday for a quick session and longer ones both Sat & Sunday.

Friday evening was very slow BUT managed a beast of a smallie right before I ready to pack it in. It was easily over 4lbs, huge belly, and had that amazing tiger coloration and it was fired up. Easily the most beautiful fish I had ever caught. I was so pumped and trying to get my phone out to take a pic. The fish was on the fish gripper and I lowered it into the water to not keep it out of the water too long before taking a pic..and it just took off lol oh well

Saturday was a warm sunny day. Caught 5 or 6 fish including this one at just over 4lbs

27934779528_032a4a1327_z.jpg

40904262495_67d9fa01fd_z.jpg

Sunday landed 2 LMBs, 4 smallies, and a pickerel. Hooked a big smallie and he triumphantly jumped, shook, and tossed my jerkbait like he'd done that countless times before. I was laughing bc it was just damn impressive

Had to really work for the fish from the bank and move around, but when I found them, they were biting. All fish on jerk baits. 

Awesome!

Little last minute pond trip after the dog park today. Some kids blasting obnoxious music and yelling to eachother in my normal spot didn't keep me from showing them a thing or two haha. Nothing huge, but more than they were catching.

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

Went out last night trying a few spots in the local creek. Had one on a jig but lost it, and that was it. Creek was bloated. Maybe better in a few days?