April Fishing Report

EricJ

4/13 Lower Hudson Valley NY  April has been miserable weather so not out much ,few Trount days scheduled = snow  Friday was very warm & Sat would be around 80 degrees so I headed down to the fishing hole later that afternoon waiting for the sun to warm things up , with small presentations in mind , grub, swimbait , nada , tried a few worms nada , Husky ( suspending ) jerkbait nada Why I did not use the spinning baits  ? ...forgot  to pack them  Black & Blue jig did the trick produced a few LM 2 1/4 lbs , Bass Pro Frog rod 7' Shimano Curado 30lb Ohero braid  , Strike King football head 1/2 oz , Paca Craw B & B Craw   the line got tight I'm on the board . Shore line fishing the heavy artillery is needed as your always hung up . A few of the boys were soaking Senkos nada .  

If it has fins i want to catch it 

20 hours ago, bennie said:

I knew the river would look like d-day except everybody had fishing poles,,,so I went to the cove,,,didn't know about the 17mph winds it got to rough,,,,but did get 1 :)

20180414_222837.jpg

Bennie, does the cammo netting help?   Just joking.  Nice carp.   I went salt water and caught flounder.  Dinner was good!

12 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Bennie, does the cammo netting help?   Just joking.  Nice carp.   I went salt water and caught flounder.  Dinner was good!

Yes :) it holds my gear down and I can hide it and fish from the bank,,,  flounder dinner :)

Edited by bennie

Got out this past Saturday in MA.  Was freezing and windy out there but the fish were active.  Started with a jerkbait fished slow, but the wind was making it hard to detect strikes on the pause.  After missing a few I switched over to a Flash spinner and wound up with a dozen pickerel, a couple bass, and a crappie.

20180414_165526(2).jpg.e7dfbdd821563490a0131bb445bfeb1d.jpg

20180414_163852(2).jpg.36d0073638a89e7ff53b5417936f7316.jpg

20180414_164505(2).jpg.53406f71c20fb6aca418607fa009b755.jpg

20180414_171545(2).jpg.da4c9fe297b02bc24f59ad328479487b.jpg

Edited by Intrepid95

Couldn't find any large mouth or pan fish.  Had consolation with a nasty ol blue cat.  Forgot my lip grip and scale, but my guess is over ten, under 15 lbs.  Gave me a good tow, screamed some drag  and destroyed my beetlespin.  Also found a Striper to round out the evening.   

striped.jpg

big cat.jpg

Still slow up in my area (Metrowest suburbs Boston)...only managed two small pickerel and a mediocre bass of about a pound and a half on a size 8 'glass perch' husky jerk...fished very slow. Thought it was going to be a good outing given that I caught the first pickerel 3 casts into the outing

3 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Couldn't find any large mouth or pan fish.  Had consolation with a nasty ol blue cat.  Forgot my lip grip and scale, but my guess is over ten, under 15 lbs.  Gave me a good tow, screamed some drag  and destroyed my beetlespin.  Also found a Striper to round out the evening.   

striped.jpg

big cat.jpg

Good job,,,,,:howdy:

The bass were biting good at a local pond today. Pretty shallow throughout, so it’s a great early season spot. Got them all on a spinnerbait. First cast I connected with my biggest at about 3 pounds, but the remaining 6 or 7 were no less than 2 lbs. All puffed up in the belly too, so maybe spawners. One had a tail sticking from its throat, so it’s hard to say. 

Nice catches everyone....

I fished a new lake on saturday from the kayak. Ended up with about 10 med sized pickerel and two smaller bass. Should have gone fishing in the bay for stripers. Got home and found out that the bay was on fire.

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

A good spring trip, like they are supposed to be!   Started with four dinks, then from 6:30 - 7 pm, it was on.  9 bass total with the biggest at 4 lb 4.  A few lil pan fish as well.   All on XTS Minnow, nothing hit the trolled beetlespin (odd).

sunny.jpg

lil white - Copy.jpg

Crappie - Copy.jpg

4 lb 4 fatty.jpg