April 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

FunkyBunker

Fished the outgoing outback Monmouth county for 3 hours 2230-0130.  Not a bump for me, about 7 or 8 other guys out and I didn't see anyone hook up. It can only get better from here, lol. Full moon had water level very high and current was moving nice and fast, good conditions just no fish.. no regrets, I had to give it a shot

Fished hard with handful of guys   heavy wind from 730-1030pm out back.  Big bass again up to 18# in our crew.  

Wind was hauling.  Buddy next to me was killing it on gliders.  Other buddy grabbed some on a bomber. 

Guys caught on big sp and mag as well.  Wind died down at 1030pm. But it was time to go we had to go to work this am. 

Still big fish out back!  

Out front Ocean County over the weekend. Tossed a 3/4 oz bucktail and got a few in the wash. Early morning from 5-8am

JerseyBass.jpg

Edited by lonellr

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

-Doug Larson

1 hour ago, lonellr said:

Out front Ocean County over the weekend. Tossed a 3/4 oz bucktail and got a few in the wash. Early morning from 5-8am

It's a much better feeling to actually catch fish when you're dealing with a 6 hour drive. You planning on coming back up this way any time soon?

Out front this morning 445-620. Tide was pushed way down and not much wave action. Couldn't find any cuts in the bars with a plug and switched to a 3/4 BT. Saw one guy catch a short to my left then an opsrey dove on something to his left that was larger than it could handle. Hit the water and held on for a few seconds but couldn't pull the fish up and eventually called it quits. Might be why people have been finding shad on the beach. Gulls flocking in one spot about 300 yds out but nothing came any closer. Saw one bass surface about 50 yds out so started casting around that way but nothing. Going to check on another area later today to see what it looks like for tomorrow. This lack of bluefish coming in is keeping things pretty quiet, but hopefully this upcoming weather will liven things up a little bit. 

Out back MoCo last night, from the 25 guys at the spot, at least half were keeping over limits of fish. One guy filling a garbage bag with bass right in front of everyone. I called a few guys out on it, 3 different groups told me the limit was 2 fish over 28”...it’s not. A few I got the “no speak engles” from a bunch more. Also got stuck with another guy who might be a member here...since where we were you get stuck at high tide and this was his first time there and didn’t expect it, I ended up giving him half of my sandwich and he gave me a plug. Traded a 6” quick check sub for a Big Rock metal lip. if your on here I just wanna say thanks again man

1 hour ago, FunkyBunker said:

It's a much better feeling to actually catch fish when you're dealing with a 6 hour drive. You planning on coming back up this way any time soon?

Definitely! I'm going to try and head back up with Pete at the end of May. There or maybe long island. No idea yet.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

-Doug Larson

11 mins ago, HighEndHooker said:

Out back MoCo last night, from the 25 guys at the spot, at least half were keeping over limits of fish. One guy filling a garbage bag with bass right in front of everyone. I called a few guys out on it, 3 different groups told me the limit was 2 fish over 28”...it’s not. A few I got the “no speak engles” from a bunch more. Also got stuck with another guy who might be a member here...since where we were you get stuck at high tide and this was his first time there and didn’t expect it, I ended up giving him half of my sandwich and he gave me a plug. Traded a 6” quick check sub for a Big Rock metal lip. if your on here I just wanna say thanks again man

Call the warden. Always have the number on your cell. 

Screw those guys, dime em all out. 

Out front, MoCo, from 7-8:45 am. Water  was generally flat, but some wave action close in. Hard WSW wind. Found an area with a nice lip. Waves were breaking on a sand bar, reforming, and breaking right at the lip. Fish were right on the beach. Landed two, lost several others. Smaller was 20", the other was 28 1/2". First keeper of the year. He was hefty and put up a good fight for a fish his size. Hit a cotten cordell blueback. Released. Saw another decent size fish swirl behind the plug, but no love from him. She Who Must be Obeyed has some things for me to do, but hoping to get back down later this afternoon. 

1 hour ago, coldclam said:

Lastnight- back of moco,last light till 10:30. I got one and a buddy got a few on a darter. Lots of bunker around.

20180429_203811.jpg

Who made that plug?  It's wacky looking!  Squared off bottle....obviously does the job!

Just b/c you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD....
(what you do DOES make a difference - be accountable)
BigWave Dave

1 hour ago, HighEndHooker said:

That makes me really f'in mad.  Where i was, we were slamming them and they were all let go.  I would have called the conservation, i know it's at night, but NJ wildlife 800-222-0456, or call the cops.. 

• Sudsy locked this topic