Roddy

fish caught on plastic plugs 2018 edtion

Rate this topic

207 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2018 at 9:26 PM, ATH1089 said:

Do not forget the cheeks!

Of course! I usually fillet, clean, cut off head and fins, get the cheeks, and freeze what’s left for fish stock for a couple of big batches of chowder I make every fall/winter. The stock is also top notch in pasta dishes or risotto.

Another eater, gave the last one away and replaced it with this 31” fish after releasing my first keeper of the day. Chartreuse super strike little neck popper was killing it. Another night getting soaked but good fishing. Horrible photo of myself but had to do it, soaked and exhausted with a headlamp in my face, good times with tight lines!

2ADDF5DA-80BD-49DF-A190-54E609A2FB06.jpeg

E3E459A3-3DED-49B8-84BC-DBD30A294F52.jpeg

Edited by Shane_O
I blinked, had to explain.

Slower fishing today but it was heavy for a hot second. Reeled in a few keeper bass and safely sent them on their way. Not much time or light to take good photos solo. Still little guys but fun.

E2A6DF1F-5B6C-4135-91D4-4E72938747CC.jpeg

3 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

Some fast schoolie action breaks up those long nights.

20181008_170824.jpg.e4644ed66ea2e60eb58e639e39b27189.jpg

20181007_035515.jpg.8433f5fa0700c4a1c128aca086c40234.jpg

Is that a Saragossa you have on the TFO in the dark? I was thinking about putting one on a 10'6" TFO surf for a lighter setup.

30 mins ago, ATH1089 said:

Is that a Saragossa you have on the TFO in the dark? I was thinking about putting one on a 10'6" TFO surf for a lighter setup.

Yes that's an 8k gosa on the 10'6" TFO. Its one of my backup rigs for the ditch. The other night I got skunked on the canal and had to hit the beaches instead to scrounge up a fish. It was the lightest rig I had with me.

I think you should be happy with that rig, the TFO is a great rod for the money (color aside) and the gosa is an awesome, fairly bulletproof reel.

ATH1089 likes this

8 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

Yes that's an 8k gosa on the 10'6" TFO. Its one of my backup rigs for the ditch. The other night I got skunked on the canal and had to hit the beaches instead to scrounge up a fish. It was the lightest rig I had with me.

I think you should be happy with that rig, the TFO is a great rod for the money (color aside) and the gosa is an awesome, fairly bulletproof reel.

Thanks. I have the opportunity to get a pretty good deal on a TFO, so I will probably go that route. Appreciate the input.

Nobody else wanted to fish this spot because of the weather (which really wasn’t that bad), so I had it all to myself. After zeroing in on a good pocket and what presentations the bigger bass were liking I hit a few 30-36” bass on a black super strike bottle swimmer. We’ve only been catching schoolies for the past week and a half around here so it was a welcome change.

Kept this 35”er, no other photos, I stopped wearing my phone on me after getting submerged and almost killing my second iPhone of the year last week. Life proof cases are great but not fool proof.

150FF40B-43FB-4D93-A9F2-E6B221F015AD.jpeg

7A46FBE3-BD4D-4B66-9600-AAD7DE9AD09F.jpeg

On 10/12/2018 at 0:04 AM, Shane_O said:

Nobody else wanted to fish this spot because of the weather (which really wasn’t that bad), so I had it all to myself. After zeroing in on a good pocket and what presentations the bigger bass were liking I hit a few 30-36” bass on a black super strike bottle swimmer. We’ve only been catching schoolies for the past week and a half around here so it was a welcome change.

Kept this 35”er, no other photos, I stopped wearing my phone on me after getting submerged and almost killing my second iPhone of the year last week. Life proof cases are great but not fool proof.

150FF40B-43FB-4D93-A9F2-E6B221F015AD.jpeg

7A46FBE3-BD4D-4B66-9600-AAD7DE9AD09F.jpeg

I have been using a CaliCase for my phone. It is not an Iphone, but they will fit. I have worn it both swimming and fishing, been submerged, tossed around, etc. No issues or leaks whatsoever.

Shane_O likes this