Roddy

fish caught on rubber\bucktails 2018 edition!

Rate this topic

155 posts in this topic

Lots of smalls at dawn this morning at the spot I have been catching fish in the 30s (inches not pounds) the last few weeks. Was hoping this was going to be the morning the bigger fish moved in.....wondering now if they have just moved on. Will give it a go on the  opposite tide tonight. Hopefully it stays cloudy/overcast tonight. 

92F445DF-A8BE-4064-B33B-B91BC5CE1E95.jpeg

4 mins ago, codfish said:

I thought cobia were a southern species??

If I wasn't supposed to post a certain species I apologize and an administrator can remove the post if they like.  

Got this from an article:

It is abundant in warm waters off the coast of the US from the Chesapeake Bay south and through out the Gulf of Mexico. During autumn and winter months, cobia migrate south and offshore to warmer waters. Cobia prefer water temperatures between 68°-86°F. Seeking shelter in harbors and around wrecks and reefs, the cobia is often found off south Florida and the Florida Keys. In early spring, migration occurs northward along the Atlantic coast.

4 hours ago, jeffory said:

If I wasn't supposed to post a certain species I apologize and an administrator can remove the post if they like.  

Got this from an article:

It is abundant in warm waters off the coast of the US from the Chesapeake Bay south and through out the Gulf of Mexico. During autumn and winter months, cobia migrate south and offshore to warmer waters. Cobia prefer water temperatures between 68°-86°F. Seeking shelter in harbors and around wrecks and reefs, the cobia is often found off south Florida and the Florida Keys. In early spring, migration occurs northward along the Atlantic coast.

No man, its all good. This is for fish caught on rubbers/bucktails and those are certainly fish caught on a bucktail. Good fish too. Keep it up. :howdy:

Now we have fluke, tog, snapper, cobia, and red drum as well as striped bass. Goes to show the fish catching abilities of rubber/bucktails.

1 hour ago, Sandbar1 said:

Now we have fluke, tog, snapper, cobia, and red drum as well as striped bass. Goes to show the fish catching abilities of rubber/bucktails.

Big black sea bass caught jigging this past weekend for Fluke. Too bad the season isn't open yet.....

IMG_1229.jpg