Fishy4335

WTS Berkley Trilene XL 12lb 3000yrs

34 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TimS said:

So that's a 'no' - you didn't just purchase these recently?

'No'- yes I did recently purchase line at dicks.... so the answer to your question is no yes I did. However have four other sets of line same that I did not purchase there...

Good luck with your sales. Mono is only good for a few years after they are manufactured.  No body in their right mind is going to buy HUGE spools of mono without knowing it's age.  It's like buying a gallon of milk with the expiration day removed. 

2 mins ago, hobobob said:

Good luck with your sales. Mono is only good for a few years after they are manufactured.  No body in their right mind is going to buy HUGE spools of mono without knowing it's age.  It's like buying a gallon of milk with the expiration day removed. 

I have four that I recently purchased and have four about a year old... they don't go bad that quickly

17 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

'No'- yes I did recently purchase line at dicks.... so the answer to your question is no yes I did. However have four other sets of line same that I did not purchase there...

Now I'm completely baffled - you had 12,000 yards of 12# mono that you were not going to ever use - so you bought 12,000 MORE yards of 12# mono that you were not ever going to use. And you are KEEPING the 12,000 yards of 12# that you just purchased (that you were not ever going to use) - and are SELLING the 12,000 yards of 12# mono that you purchased last year (that you were never going to use) - is that what you are trying to say? 

That doesn't strike you as odd? That you were never going to fish mono again - and had 12,000 yards of 12# mono just sitting around - so you decided to replace that 12,000 yards with 12,000 MORE yards of 12# mono so you could sell the first 12,000 yards and KEEP the second 12,000 yards - even though you don't fish mono any more?

Humor me...I'm trying to keep track here :)

TimS

Here comes the bashing crew. You guys could really say all you want bottom line is, I'm selling fishing line for a price that's way below normal retail. If a person wants to buy and pay normal retail on it that's fine or they have an option to Payless. If I was looking for it I'd buy the cheaper one . I'm just being of service to somebody who's looking for a line.

5 mins ago, TimS said:

Now I'm completely baffled - you had 12,000 yards of 12# mono that you were not going to ever use - so you bought 12,000 MORE yards of 12# mono that you were not ever going to use. And you are KEEPING the 12,000 yards of 12# that you just purchased (that you were not ever going to use) - and are SELLING the 12,000 yards of 12# mono that you purchased last year (that you were never going to use) - is that what you are trying to say? 

That doesn't strike you as odd? That you were never going to fish mono again - and had 12,000 yards of 12# mono just sitting around - so you decided to replace that 12,000 yards with 12,000 MORE yards of 12# mono so you could sell the first 12,000 yards and KEEP the second 12,000 yards - even though you don't fish mono any more?

Humor me...I'm trying to keep track here :)

TimS

If you want to remove this I'm being sold and go ahead that's fine. I'm not going to argue with it. I don't think that selling it at half the price of what retail is in any way shape or form a bad thing. I'll just put it up on eBay and somebody will snatch it. I just figured give it a shot here first on the fishing forum. And it shouldn't matter where I get it or how I get it or if it came from under a rock or if it dropped from the sky from an airplane. I don't need to disclose with what color underwear I'm wearing.

10 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

Here comes the bashing crew. You guys could really say all you want bottom line is, I'm selling fishing line for a price that's way below normal retail. If a person wants to buy and pay normal retail on it that's fine or they have an option to Payless. If I was looking for it I'd buy the cheaper one . I'm just being of service to somebody who's looking for a line.

I'm not the bashing crew, I'm an administrator here - as such I am sometimes forced to inquire about things from people who post here. If you can't honestly answer my questions then you shouldn't be using this forum. It's based on trust and honesty. If you want to continue to use the BST Forum the very minimum requirement is honesty. I thought we had this covered in the plug flipping discussion we had at the end of last year?

8 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

And it shouldn't matter where I get it or how I get it or if it came from under a rock or if it dropped from the sky from an airplane. I don't need to disclose with what color underwear I'm wearing.

It does matter. We don't allow businesses to operate on the BST Forum - and that's what a reseller is, it's a business. They buy things they think they can sell for a profit - and then they try to sell them. We don't allow commercial use of this forum. 

I'd still like to hear more about how you had 12,000 yards of 12# test that you admitted you would never, ever use since you don't use mono any more - and then bought 12,000 yards of 12# test to add to your mono that you don't fish any more collection. You now seem reluctant to discuss that. I'm guessing because it's entirely untrue. I'm not going to let it go. When I asked you if you purchased this line recently online for about $6.50/spool - and you said no. Then admitted that you did purchase 4 @ 3000yd spools of 12# Trilene XL from Dick's for about $6.50/each - but that THESE four spools were not the ones you just purchased, these were 12,000 yards you already had...of 12# Trilene XL. I'm sorry, but this feels a lot like a complete and utter fabrication. I'm giving you an opportunity to explain a little better, in case there is some detail that I'm missing, before I conclude whether I believe this story or not. 

Like I said, humor me :)

TimS