Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
msabella17

Hook 2 5 tripleshot transducer ram arm mount

17 posts in this topic

Before I order just wanted to double check if I was getting the right arm mount for the triple shot transducer. Assuming the triple shot is the same thing as the total scan mount then I know what I need. If that’s not the case then I’m not sure which one to get.

7ADF4A5F-CB2C-41DE-B8D8-C02A19918E97.png.bb729c5a29bc996ab64f6352cdfada50.png

Hopefully someone with more knowledge chimes in.  It should be simple enough to fabricate a plate between this arm and your transducer if its not a match.

7 mins ago, bantis said:

Hopefully someone with more knowledge chimes in.  It should be simple enough to fabricate a plate between this arm and your transducer if its not a match.

It looks like with this specific arm the transducer slides in there, so want to be positive when spending close to 60 bucks. Appreciate the feedback

why not get the one for $29.99 by scotty?Guarenteed to work with your transducer. Comes with everything you need to mount it to your kayak- If you add a scotty FF mount it will plug right into the top of the arm- making it all one unit. 

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/scotty-141-kayak-sup-transducer-arm-mount-w-438-gear-head/?gdffi=facc80a89aaa41289ca25f0e582c289c&gdfms=DC1FAB2A72EA46A6B2D81A07C41AD0C2

Just make sure the tripleshot ducer is same as total scan ducer

That arm is designed to specifically hold the total scan transducer.

I had to buy the regular one and put some over size nuts and a few washers as spacer.

4 mins ago, ijuanaspearfish said:

Just make sure the tripleshot ducer is same as total scan ducer

That arm is designed to specifically hold the total scan transducer.

I had to buy the regular one and put some over size nuts and a few washers as spacer.

Ya from what I’ve looked at it’s not the same as the total scan. I believe it’s newer to the market so ram must not have a specific mount for it

Just now, msabella17 said:

Ya from what I’ve looked at it’s not the same as the total scan. I believe it’s newer to the market so ram must not have a specific mount for it

Just did this about an hour ago.

That's the 40 dollar 1inch ball mount arm

szka4h.jpg

1 min ago, ijuanaspearfish said:

Just did this about an hour ago.

That's the 40 dollar 1inch ball mount arm

szka4h.jpg

Sweet does that transducer clear the bottom of the hull? Just wondering cuz with side scan it needs to be able to

Dang am I struggling with this.  I wish I could just shoot through, but I want side scan and clean down scan.  I dont want some robot arm over my yak, I am a total minalmalist when it comes to appendages on my yaks.  Also the drag and noise from that must be significant.

Maybe I just use my old Humminbird and shoot through.  I will hang with guys with ss, lol.

1 hour ago, Shipwreck said:

Dang am I struggling with this.  I wish I could just shoot through, but I want side scan and clean down scan.  I dont want some robot arm over my yak, I am a total minalmalist when it comes to appendages on my yaks.  Also the drag and noise from that must be significant.

Maybe I just use my old Humminbird and shoot through.  I will hang with guys with ss, lol.

I was the same way. Wanted my yak minimal, streamlined, ready to kill. 

But the arm isnt that intrusive and I can get it out of the way very quickly if I think it might snag my line fishing. 

Being able to fully use my finder having it in water for both down and sidescan will be worth it for me. 

The arm itself shouldnt provide me with any drag that is noticeable, as far as noise goes, not sure. I did see some videos of others using this arm and none of them mentioned noise or drag. Just weeds and kelp might hang it up if ducer is down too far. 

Downscan thru hull did not provide the crisp image I was hoping for. It worked, just not very well.