Lagerhead

Waxing the boat

81 posts in this topic

29 mins ago, Lagerhead said:

Any idea what the oxalic acid will do to the bottom paint?

Stain it white. It will discolored the trailer. 

1 hour ago, Lagerhead said:

Gotcha, use it only on the gel coat and keep it off the trailer.

Yep.  If going that route, as an fyi, it comes in gallon jugs, used to prep cinder block prior to drylock paint

Easiest and  most efficient  wax I’ve ever used is Maguires cleaner wax. My boats only 17 feet and I can do two coats by hand in about an hour. Boat looks good throughout the season until the yellow staining takes over down here the waterline.

8389A47F-773C-4431-AD2F-AFBDC61221DB.jpeg

33 mins ago, brushfly said:

Easiest and  most efficient  wax I’ve ever used is Maguires cleaner wax. My boats only 17 feet and I can do two coats by hand in about an hour. Boat looks good throughout the season until the yellow staining takes over down here the waterline.

8389A47F-773C-4431-AD2F-AFBDC61221DB.jpeg

Good stuff. I used it, you will get that yellow stain. Even more with that or any wax. Not with marina wax. I still use maguires inside boat. Yes, goes on and off real easy. 

Just snowed again in western mass last night . I doubt May 1st will be the splash date 

Makorider can you post a picture of the regex bottle that you use?  so we buy the right one.   thanks ccb

1 hour ago, ccb said:

Makorider can you post a picture of the regex bottle that you use?  so we buy the right one.   thanks ccb

I have had my local True Value store order it for me. Also order online from the usual suspects as well as Walmart....

rejex.jpg

which one  ?

So I got this brush from homies. Not too stiff but not soft like a boat brush. Just some elbow grease and water.

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, nightfighter said:

I have had my local True Value store order it for me. Also order online from the usual suspects as well as Walmart....

rejex.jpg

Thats the one

Amazon has it too

Edited by makorider

ccb,  the one in the 16 oz bottle. Should be around 20 bucks for the one bottle. And that will last you at least two years if not more on your boat.