Fish4life345

Custom rods

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I get mine built by Frank at keep em bent custom rods... i think his name on here is treblemaker

Edited by Fishy4335

Red hawk is great. 

Steave peatri is a great builder and bobby from Causway has done some very nice rods for me also 

Those are all great and reputable builders and who ever you choose I am sure it will not be mistake.

But

Recently I had a chance to hold one of Al Goldberg rods and oh boy.

I had rod in my hand and it felt like it was a part of me.

As soon as I grabbed grip, rod felt like it is glued to my hand and looks like extension of my arm.

It felt it was always there and I had a real hard time opening my hand and let it go.

I never had that feeling with any other rods and you know on those winter shows person can handle a lots of different rods.

Love on first site, :love: 

11 hours ago, Popasilov said:

Those are all great and reputable builders and who ever you choose I am sure it will not be mistake.

But

As soon as I grabbed grip, rod felt like it is glued to my hand and looks like extension of my arm.

It felt it was always there and I had a real hard time opening my hand and let it go.

I never had that feeling with any other rods and you know on those winter shows person can handle a lots of different rods.

That is a great way to explain why Custom rods are special and worth it. I felt the same way with Mark's 9' NEX 1. These are the little things that make me happy when I buy gear and find those experiences part of the fun that enhances this sport/hobby...

Forgot to mention

All that story

18 hours ago, Popasilov said:

But

Forgot to mention

I never spend much money on rods and reels.

Most expensive rod I have is $49.95. I do love Shimano FX rods and I have lots of them in 7" 8" and  9" long . They are about $20 a piece and they do serve very well for what I am doing.

But If I had $400.00 cash in my pocket at Melville show that rod would be in my bedroom right now.