Brian Schmitt

Favorite Streamer Pattern and Materials List

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

"Search,"  that very pale rectangle on the top right of your screen, is your friend.  

There have been zillions of patterns described here by hundreds, perhaps thousands, of fly tiers.  There are some tiers here who are regularly published in national magazines. Let's not get started by asking the Forum to regurgitate itself in one easy thread. 

Hang around, and see what you like. 

Edited by BrianBM

+1 to what Brian says. It's usually best to search first to see if your question or inquiry has been answered elsewhere before proceeding. A good thread is one that offers content not before seen in other threads, or in a different light or focus.

Posted (edited) · Report post

17 hours ago, Brian Schmitt said:

Looking for some effective streamer patterns and materials to tie them with. Post pictures and your lots of materials!  

Hi you might want to narrow it by what you are fishing for and types of location 

yes you’ll find gabillions of entries but you might pull your hair out looking at posts that don’t apply to what you want to do

but search is worth a try. The search feature used to be better but it’s still ok 

Edited by JohnP

Probably a better way to search SOL is to use Google and for instance if looking for crab flies enter 

"Striperonline + crab flies" as your criteria.   You'll be presented with four or five top selections but under that click the text. " More selections from www.Stripersonline.com"    and you'll find a slew or related posts from there.

HT

Screenshot_20180329-130049.jpg.5929663a6d91ed9e7cd6e727ca69cc0c.jpg

I suspect I can go the rest of my days with just these items give or take

Craft fur

bucktail

Schlappen

saddle hackle 

Marabou 

Yak hair, synthetic yak hair 

deep hair

Head cement  and or epoxy 

rabbit strips

flash

foam

I'll sorta play...piggy backing off the post above

My favorite streamers generally utillize the following materials:

marabou, bucktail, deer hair for spinning, flashabou, zonker strips, Schlappen, Senyo's Lazer Dub, Gamakatsu B10S Hooks

Not sure what you intend to fish for and where, but I've been having great success out west on clousers with a silver Hareline Polar Reflector Flash belly.

Everything I've thrown them at has eaten them, salmon, rainbows, bull trout, bass....

With different colored bucktail wings and reflector flash, the combos are endless.

Good luck,

SF