Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TLDig

Bye Bye New Jersey....

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program already in progress.

The fire should leave the water now. The weather should get better. The winds should shift to a good and more fishable direction. The fish should start blitzing up and down the beaches.

I had three goals in NJ... to catch a decent bluefish, to eat as much of all the food I can't get back in CA (such as in, real food) and to see some lightning and hear some thunder.

Mission Accomplished. icon14.gif It doesn't take much to make me happy.

More later I would imagine, but thanks to everyone here from SOL for their phenomenal hospitality... even the Little Nazi. wink.gif Most of all to Ben Lippen, for putting up with me for more than a week. Man deserves a medal or something. Also a big thank you to the makers of Zantac and Tums. redface.gif

I'm off to fly back to Calistrangia. I've packed up some Little Debbies, pork rolls, hard rolls, some of my favorite spices that you can't get back there... lots of goodies and it's all flying back with me. biggrin.gif

Gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day. I miss my catdog. I miss my bed. I may not get out of it tomorrow. tongue.gif Quite happy with myself for thinking ahead and taking tomorrow off too.

Lots of folks I wanted to meet but didn't get the chance... hopefully next year. Three more hours and I'm at the airport. Kinda happy, kinda sad. I MUST be getting old.

Ah Geez Diggly,

I din't even know you were to be in town. Would've flown back from Rome special to see you. wink.gif

Well, glad you had a good time over here anyway. Maybe see you on the next trip.

Spiggly HappyWave.gif

Buh bye Tammy, it was nice to fish with you HappyWave.gif Glad to have been there when yah caught your big (nasty) razor lipped bastages that you wanted to catch...still beyond me why anyone would want them, but I try not to judge wink.gif

Thanks to Ben Lippen for being the gracious host and making this whole thing possible icon14.gif I hope you didn't give her back the deposit on that Guzz plug after what she let them bluefish do to it wink.gif

TimS

Tammy....sorry I missed you (we were about 3-4 weeks apart.... frown.gif ), but seems like you met a lot of good people, from your list.....those guys are the best, and always make a "foreigner" feel welcome.... smile.gif

And seems you brought all the good stuff back with you, 'cept you forgot some REAL PIZZA!

Hope you had a safe trip home, and brought back a lot of memories of good times with ya..... smile.gif

Have a safe trip Tammy. You didn't miss anything after you and Ben split. There were no fish to be had. I hear you had a little automotive miss-adventure frown.gif

I'm already lookin forward to next time. HappyWave.gif

Digger

What already????? Man now she's gonna be buggin me again. I thought you guys were gonna keep her?

Tam Can you get Wednesday morning off? We go fish big water stealer and catch striped ones.

Just a quick one to let ya know that I am back in CA after only a slightly delayed plane trip and back in my big chair with my big cat and getting ready to hop into my big bed for 15 or 18 hours of solid sleep. biggrin.gif