ged

Sebastian Inlet - Jetty Gear

25 posts in this topic

Danny is 100% right I fish there for more than 10 years weekly basis. I don't think there is someone who fishing more than him in inlet and sometimes he ended up with 300 lb fishes per night .No one ever cut my line unless I wanted to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sharkfishing said:

Danny is 100% right I fish there for more than 10 years weekly basis. I don't think there is someone who fishing more than him in inlet and sometimes he ended up with 300 lb fishes per night .No one ever cut my line unless I wanted to do so.

Actually there is someone who the moment he hooks up with a fish tells his fishing buddy to  cut any lines tangled with him.

No matter if easy untangle.

I am fine with that as long as there is equal treatment when his line is hooked up with someone who has a fish on, even if it is a tiny bottom fish given his behavior.

 

PS: Someone I spoke with on the jetty today who said if this guy cut his line without asking first he would throw all that person's gear and tackle in the water.

I can deal with that approach.

Some of these guys (and I think they are locals) behave as if they never caught a fish in their lives.

 

PSS: Guys with mustaches are singled out here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2018 at 8:03 PM, DennisBKLYN215 said:

Actually there is someone who the moment he hooks up with a fish tells his fishing buddy to  cut any lines tangled with him.

No matter if easy untangle.

I am fine with that as long as there is equal treatment when his line is hooked up with someone who has a fish on, even if it is a tiny bottom fish given his behavior.

 

PS: Someone I spoke with on the jetty today who said if this guy cut his line without asking first he would throw all that person's gear and tackle in the water.

I can deal with that approach.

Some of these guys (and I think they are locals) behave as if they never caught a fish in their lives.

 

PSS: Guys with mustaches are singled out here.

If you know who this is, pm me the description and name if so. It is not common practice by any means, especially if the untangle is easy. Usually only happens when tangles are so bad that you cannot even reel or you will lose the fish otherwise, or if the other party agrees to make it easier. Some guys refuse to let you cut their line when that is the only option regardless. At that point I would cut it anyway and deal with the aftermath, which happens about once a year. If you are local you know you have to deal with tangles and try and facilitate that as easy as possible, but there are always few people who ruin that. If I can do anything about it, then I will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

All the times I have been to Florida, I have only seen one time where a local cut another guys line, the other guy was a local.

 

The guy actually had his buddies cut this older (65ish) man's line because he did move his rod. They were busy fighting a 12ft hammerhead off the pier (The fight had already been going on for nearly 3hrs up one side of the pier and down the other side over and over again. Most everyone was accommodating for the first hour, but as time drug on and it was obvious those guys could barely handle the shark, other anglers either left or put their lines back in the water and said, we paid to fish here too, including me.

 

They threatened to cut my lines, which they weren't even tangled up with. I told them "don't even try". They got the point and let me be. But, the older man wasn't so fortunate.

 

These guys were not regulars at thar specific pier, which forbade fishing for large sharks anyways. The regulars told me that the guy was not well liked because he acted like an entitled jerk when he did show up.

 

But, he was an extreme exception.

 

95% of the regulars at any given pier are good people and I have made many a friend/fishing partner for the week. There is an atmosphere of comradery and team work that can be found on most Florida piers, it is a lot of fun.

 

 

Edited by Beastly Backlash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dennysnook said:

If you know who this is, pm me the description and name if so. It is not common practice by any means, especially if the untangle is easy. Usually only happens when tangles are so bad that you cannot even reel or you will lose the fish otherwise, or if the other party agrees to make it easier. Some guys refuse to let you cut their line when that is the only option regardless. At that point I would cut it anyway and deal with the aftermath, which happens about once a year. If you are local you know you have to deal with tangles and try and facilitate that as easy as possible, but there are always few people who ruin that. If I can do anything about it, then I will

The issue I had with the incident is that this person just made the unilateral decision to tell his friend to cut the lines that were tangled with his.

His friend complied instantaneously and never even looked at the extent of the 2 tangles and certainly didn't even try to engage with the anglers who were tangled.

No "Can I cut your line?", "Sorry we cut your line", no anything from either one of them.

Just complete arrogance, selfishness and general classless type behavior from both of them.

 

First time experience here in Florida, ever.

And, the 2 tangles were not hindering his ability to land the fish.

My line was hanging by the hook and could have been lifted off in a second, the other, as far as I could tell would not have caused him to lose the fish which was an oversize snook.

 

I am not 100% sure who he is though there is a clue in my original post as to a facial characteristic.

I remember the face and believe I know his first name.

 

I am not going to make a big deal out of this incident right now but will certainly come to the aid (with my pliers) of ANYONE who has a fish on that this guy's line is tangled with.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys do understand that dealing with the kooks is optional? It's a big park, there's alot of water and alot of things going on that are off their radar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sharkfishing said:

Line with 12' hammer will cut ur line without any pliers anyway 

 

They were afraid the old man's 12lb mono would cut through their 150lb mono. :dismay:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DennisBKLYN215 said:

The issue I had with the incident is that this person just made the unilateral decision to tell his friend to cut the lines that were tangled with his.

His friend complied instantaneously and never even looked at the extent of the 2 tangles and certainly didn't even try to engage with the anglers who were tangled.

No "Can I cut your line?", "Sorry we cut your line", no anything from either one of them.

Just complete arrogance, selfishness and general classless type behavior from both of them.

 

First time experience here in Florida, ever.

And, the 2 tangles were not hindering his ability to land the fish.

My line was hanging by the hook and could have been lifted off in a second, the other, as far as I could tell would not have caused him to lose the fish which was an oversize snook.

 

I am not 100% sure who he is though there is a clue in my original post as to a facial characteristic.

I remember the face and believe I know his first name.

 

I am not going to make a big deal out of this incident right now but will certainly come to the aid (with my pliers) of ANYONE who has a fish on that this guy's line is tangled with.

 

 

It was a jerk move on their part, but those guys are very rare to come by. Like Denny said, the vast majority of the time the regular locals are friendly and enjoyable to fish with.

 

Regarding the incident you described, it is one thing to cut the line at the point of terminal tackle attachment, but cut my braided mainline so I loose yardage and your not landing that fish you were so desperate to cut people's line over and you might not leave the pier with you set-up either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.