dannpakk

Any luck out there

Rate this topic

154 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mathman said:

The bite was on fire at the tidal pond this week.  Totaled 28 perch, 5 of which made it into my oven.  Those are some tasty little guys!

Still no stripes from the beach.  I did find what was left of a massive dead one washed up on shore, might have been 50."  =(

I have a feeling it wasn't nature that got to it. I might be wrong though.

8 hours ago, dannpakk said:

yak'd on the flats this past weekend. Marking some big ones but nothing hit. Water were right under 50 degrees

Going to try my luck in DE this weekend

Yeah we dealt with the same issue this past weekend near Crisfield. Air temp opening morning was 35 and water was 50. Top water bite turned on for about 15 minutes around 6 after the sun got the bay up to around 56. Pulled a schoolie in and it turned right back off. 

Good luck up in DE!

I fished 12 hours opening day and the day after. Water was cold. Not even a knockdown. We trolled from Bloody Point down to below the mouth of the Choptank on the East side and the west side. The wind came up bad on Sunday afternoon and we had a dicey time getting the planer boards in. Worked on yard last weekend and will give it another try next weekend. 

Opening day is rough with so many ppl out on the waters. Headed for DE this past weekend. Plenty of tautog and flounder from shore. Blues aren't running yet, but would love some top water action. Cracked my lures last year. 

Hi Dannpakk. Opening day did not ahve many boats after about 10AM. Everyone got disgusted and went home. I took a picture of the water up to Bloody Point from Poplar Island at 1 PM. There was not a boat in sight. 

I should have taken the hint and gone home too. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

We've (myself and linesider) have been doing real well from shore recently.  Last night we had 10-15lb bass almost nonstop and I lost what was easily a 20-25lb fish 10' out from me after a real nice fight.

Edited by kurazy kracka

25 mins ago, kurazy kracka said:

We've (myself and linesider) have been doing real well from shore recently.  Last night we had 10-15lb bass almost nonstop and I lost what was easily a 20-25lb fish 10' out from me after a real nice fight.

That is awesome to hear the surf is doing well.

I only found a few places to surf cast lures/jigs productively. Been going to DE to get my line wet for surf casting.

We went to Sandy Point State Park last weekend and got skunked saw one guy catch a maybe 12” fish all day at least it was a nice day and the kids had fun fish would of been a bonus 

Fished a cove and some riprap on the South River Wednesday morning.  Threw a spinner and a twistertail jig for perch or stripers and got nothing in two hours.  Tons of pollen on the water.   Finally moved to a tidal pond and got a few throwback perch who were kind enough to save me from skunking. 

Seems the perch are still up in the creeks and the stripers aren't coming within reach of this shorebound angler.

Drizzly morning.  Tide was high, bay was muddy, perch were elsewhere.  Didn't bother throwing for stripers since the water was so brown. 

But 7 WP at 9 to 10.5 inches came out of the tidal pond, enough for a family dinner.  Plus a ton of dinks.

Edited by mathman
Completeness

8-10lb class. 30inchers. All over the bay. Hit the limit on lures and topwater and headed home. Bass taste slightly oilier and are much thicker. 

Tight lines

IMG_20180520_210920.jpg

Edited by dannpakk

1 min ago, dannpakk said:

8-10lb class. 30inchers. All over the bay. Hit the limit and headed home. Bass taste slightly oilier and are much thicker. 

Tight lines

IMG_20180520_210920.jpg

That’s awesome congrats! We did the piers on KI this weekend for some lazy fishing and only got schoolies and a ray. Glad to see you hooked into some fine keepers there!