EBHarvey

Cool Things to do in Arkansas?

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

Gotta go to Graceland if you're in that area. And for real Americana,  drive to the other side of Tennessee and go to ruby falls and rock city (the birth place of mini golf).  Nashville is OK, I'm not a fan of country music but we found some places worth stopping in.  

I lived in Memphis 4 years.  I went to Graceland 5 times and Arkansas twice.  I was tour guide for foreign customers for Graceland and in Arkansas I got to spend a day learning bbq with a friends father and 2 days fishing White River. 

I cant think of any reason to visit  either Graceland or Arkansas although the day bbqing was actually worthwhile.  

^^^ White River, good trip for group of goofs on vacation, they use long flat bottomed skiffs that will maybe fish 3 guys at a time, several boats on a float together would be a blast.

Its a beautiful tailwater, gazillions of rainbows, browns, cuts, and brookies per mile.

12 mins ago, Wigeon said:

^^^ White River, good trip for group of goofs on vacation, they use long flat bottomed skiffs that will maybe fish 3 guys at a time, several boats on a float together would be a blast.

Its a beautiful tailwater, gazillions of rainbows, browns, cuts, and brookies per mile.

This true.  The place is geared for goods on vacation.  The job boats are about 20 ft and used to drag chains to keep them orderly on the float.  Not sure if they still permit chains, was a questionable practice.  

7 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I want to go "down south" and drift the "white river" for huge "brown trout".

The guys that were getting them  (25 years ago) were stalking them on foot in low light in the deeper holes at low water.