EBHarvey

Cool Things to do in Arkansas?

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

It's golf trip time again.  This year we're doing Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio.  This first 3 states are going to be hit-and-run golf, no time for touristy stuff, and TN, KY, and OH are pretty well mapped out already, but we have no idea what to do in Northern Arkansas.  I know we'll be in the Ozarks, which sound pretty cool, but other than the scenery, is there anything notable to do there?  

My old Hollywood Park pal Vic Stauffer is the track announcer at Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs these days. But I'm guessing that Oaklawn will be closed by the time you're there: their spring meeting only runs for about another month. 

11 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

It's golf trip time again.  This year we're doing Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio.  This first 3 states are going to be hit-and-run golf, no time for touristy stuff, and TN, KY, and OH are pretty well mapped out already, but we have no idea what to do in Northern Arkansas.  I know we'll be in the Ozarks, which sound pretty cool, but other than the scenery, is there anything notable to do there?  

Seriously is you are near Bentonville "THIS IS A MUST EAT" food is amazing

Tusk and Trotter

http://www.tuskandtrotter.com/assets/Menus2017/BRUNCH-spring2017.pdf

Hot Springs is a good time.  It was the gambling mecca of the US before Vegas and all the wise guys (Capone, etc) went there.  The Ohio Club (not sure how it got it's name) is the oldest bar in AR and was a speakeasy during Prohibition.  Great place, real old time joint.  There's a gangster museum there, that sounds tacky, but is actually a good time.  Like Belmo said, the track at Oaklawn will most likely be closed, but check, it's a good place.