Reel Deely

Am I crazy for not wanting to go on a cruise ?

Rate this topic

183 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, Belmo said:

True story: my cousin is such a skunk he would go to Jamaica, stay in some ****hole, and swim around the barriers in the ocean to get into the all-inclusives, just so he could eat and drink for free. If you're white, he said, they give you anything you want - they don't even ask! They would never think that a white person would be as big a weasel as ME! All you have to do to get the free stuff is get inside! And all I need to do that is flippers and a snorkel! I get the all-inclusive experience for twenty bucks a night! 

Your cousin is a **** genius. 

6 mins ago, Belmo said:

True story: my cousin is such a skunk he would go to Jamaica, stay in some ****hole, and swim around the barriers in the ocean to get into the all-inclusives, just so he could eat and drink for free. If you're white, he said, they give you anything you want - they don't even ask! They would never think that a white person would be as big a weasel as ME! All you have to do to get the free stuff is get inside! And all I need to do that is flippers and a snorkel! I get the all-inclusive experience for twenty bucks a night! 

His jib is cut the best :laugh:  :laugh: 

2 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

the one we went on was several grand per person, drink package was $500 per person, there was even a $30 per-person per-day gratuity tacked on to our bill.  every excursion/shore activity was a couple hundred bucks, swimming with dolphin was close to 2k for 4 of us.  for $100/day I can't imagine you're getting much more of an experience than sitting at a bar in a mall for a week, with the added fun of constant low-grade motion sickness and diarrhea.

Nope. Tom had it. Choose free drink package. $90 tip prepaid. $1400 for decent room with small deck (a must) for 2. $120 for the scooter. We would hit the buffet and bring back to the room (sometimes). 

Although  the drinks were free, they still give you a slip. On it was a place to add a tip. Even though I prepaid for tips, I would give a dollar tip. The bartenders loved me. At the end of the trip, my additional bill was $105 lol.

My family is doing the Italy tour on a boat this summer. I'll be playing golf at trumps doral for a week. I enjoyed the cruses i've been on, but its not my first choice for a vacation. 

51 mins ago, Belmo said:

:clap: god bless america. :love:

bring him to us please.

44 mins ago, looney tunes said:

Maybe I'm crazy but I have zero interest in being on a boat I can't fish off of.

We can close this down now.  When Loones weighs in it's like Moses speaking to his followers.

I'd actually really like to go on one of those eastern european river cruises, float down the Danube or the Rhine with 150 adults in peace and quiet, get to check out those old cities and real culture.  There were 6,000 people on the cruise ship we were on and the versions of the places we stopped was about as contrived and unauthentic as possible.  Kids didn't meet any local people, didn't learn anything real about the places, didn't experience anything that wasn't pre-programmed.  With the exception of kennedy space center, it was completely mindless entertainment.

54 mins ago, looney tunes said:

Maybe I'm crazy but I have zero interest in being on a boat I can't fish off of.

Bingo!!!

That's like taking a ski lift in the summer to go to the summit to admire the view.

IMO cruises suck.  I did a 10 day Mediterranean trip for my honeymoon.  You're basically doing the same thing day in and day out and sleeping and showering in a shoe box.  I guess if you're a social person and go with a group of good close friends that you enjoy being around then it could be fun.  It is a good atmosphere and nice to be catered to.  Best advice i can give you is to make sure you get the best drink plan there is and just drink all damn day and night long.

Matter of fact i just had a buddy at work that fought with his wife for days for the same exact reason...and like the OP he caved and got his sack chopped off.

Edited by Fly By Nite