Jigman plugs, requests, whats next

Jig Man

16 hours ago, Jig Man said:

Resin.

At least that is the direction I'm thinking right now. I have done wood versions of both sizes (that's where the masters have come from). Given the profile and shaping, it is easier and more consistent to do them in resin. I love building and fishing wood plugs, but sometimes the resin ones just make more sense. I'll tweak this version some and go from there. If I decide that the resin ones are not working as well as the wood ones, I'll certainly reconsider. 

6 mins ago, Jig Man said:

At least that is the direction I'm thinking right now. I have done wood versions of both sizes (that's where the masters have come from). Given the profile and shaping, it is easier and more consistent to do them in resin. I love building and fishing wood plugs, but sometimes the resin ones just make more sense. I'll tweak this version some and go from there. If I decide that the resin ones are not working as well as the wood ones, I'll certainly reconsider. 

If your darters are any indication then i would say its going to be fine.

troll #122  <*)))<

Yes to resin, although not traditional as wood, assures the plug will swim consistently for longer and will take a beating, will not become water logged or split, this is why accurate guns are using synthetic stocks, they are more consistent than wood stocks. Wood warps and changes with moisture and environments. I am very satisfied with the resin darters I bought from you on earlier post Mr. Jigman. Would buy gliders without hesitation if they were resin. But for everyone else reading Do Not Buy the resin plugs...more for me! :) 

Sounds like both sizes could be of use. Fine by me since I'll likely use both sizes here too. Had some larger gizzard shad around last fall when the larger proto type took a few stripers. Considered making a larger one, but went small when I notice the size gizzards they were eating right now. 

Been messing with the design of the smaller one lately (resin recipe, micro balloons,  amount of lead, etc.). The one I tested a few minutes ago was looking better in the water than the one pictured with the striper. Got a few other things to test out before I think about releasing any. Appreciate the input from you guys on these and other plugs!

20 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I think the white body with the big eye and a little red is a winning combination. It looks good being retrieved. 

and with that color scheme will double for freshwater shad as well, especially the smaller size. Hey when my feet aren't in the salt they are in the fresh, usually, or a pile of shat.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bob S. said:

Any update on your gliders....how are they coming along...

Tweaked some, have done three molds now getting the design how I want it. Think I have a final version of the smaller one now. Just giving it some water time in front of fish to get their approval.  Been slow on the fish lately, not that many around. Should be improving soon then I'll know for sure. Once everything is dialed in I'll do the final molds for production.

Have also been working on a larger size of the tailwater popper. Have a 2.5 oz version that I've been throwing for a few weeks. Real happy with that one. Throws real well, spits a good amount of water on the pop, and swims nicely too. 

Currently finishing up a batch of bottle  plugs. 1.5 oz size. Should be up later this week or early next week, depending on how work and stuff goes.