RiverRaider

How Often Do You Sleep On The Couch?

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

I sleep on the couch just about every night lol, working nights mean I can't fall asleep at normal person hours so I'll be on the couch until I pass out then crawl into the bed at 4 am

We have differing schedules. 

I go to bed early, get up early and she’s the opposite. 

I snore and she does thIs crocodile roll that has her wrapped in the covers like a window shade. 

During the week it’s separate beds in adjacent rooms most nights, weekends together but never on the couch. 

1 min ago, bospa357 said:

:laugh: Separate bedrooms. Not always, but it's a perfect solution for when either of us is sick, not sleeping well, restless, or whatever. She's a light sleeper and I don't sleep well due to health troubles.

But both bedrooms aren't big enough for king size beds.

Gotcha!!!  Was gonna ask you how big did you think a king size bed is lol

3 mins ago, IsmailG said:

I sleep on the couch just about every night lol, working nights mean I can't fall asleep at normal person hours so I'll be on the couch until I pass out then crawl into the bed at 4 am

Are you on 2nd  or 3rd?

Just now, RiverRaider said:

Are you on 2nd  or 3rd?

3rd (11pm-9am) . But I'm talking about my days off, days I work I get home and dick around until 3-4pm then try to hopefully get 4-5 hours before my shift starts.

My wife and I sleep in the same bed every night. No need to use a couch. Bed both together by 10 and both up early. Queen size bed. If I’m out of town I can’t sleep for a darn in a hotel bed. If my wife is next to me I can sleep fine. We’ve grown so used to one another that if she Is or I am out of bed early the other knows it. I wake up not long after. 

10 mins ago, IsmailG said:

3rd (11pm-9am) . But I'm talking about my days off, days I work I get home and dick around until 3-4pm then try to hopefully get 4-5 hours before my shift starts.

I did third shift for a year... It felt as if it were going to kill me... I was like a zombie on my days off

5 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

i have seriously discussed two separate beds with my wife...1940's style

Separate rooms here. But share a bed with a 6 and 7 year old that are connected at the hip.

2 master suites,  we built the place so my mom could move in and have her own space, the first floor master is over 500 SF, Moms gone now.   My wife has restless leg syndrome, she kick starts a motorcycle about 300 times a night or strait up dances. Oh and she snores......down stairs most nights.

I have a king sized bed that folds up into a taco and a big TV, most nights I’m upstairs solo and I sleep great. 

47 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

Let's face it. After 50 there's more or less no sex, so separate beds sound pretty good.

40 here and with 3 kids under 3 no sex on the horizon. I sleep on the couch most nights, but it’s old and uncomfortable. I opt for the bedroll on the floor a few times a week.

at 6 4" couches just don't do it. A leather lazy boy does the trick. I sleep with my wife every night in a queen size, I think its a slightly longer version, she was 6 1" when we married, 25 years ago. Now shes 5' 11

we're good