JahDW

Slip Rental $?

39 posts in this topic

curious as to what people pay to keep their boats in the water (for those of us without our own dock).

I'm in Brig paying $1500/season for a 19ft boat.  season is long though, april 15 - dec 15 or so.  bathroom, showers, power, water, cleaning station.  no floating dock though.

Last marinas I was at or checked for a slip in E CT was about 110/ft. So your rate is good compared to mine. 

$80/ft, shore power, fresh water to the dock, ok bathrooms lol . Western LI sound, in fact going to pay the man right now!

21 hours ago, banjer said:

$80/ft, shore power, fresh water to the dock, ok bathrooms lol . Western LI sound, in fact going to pay the man right now!

Just curious, where in the Western sound is that?

I pay about $2,000 a season a little north of Boston for a 19ft boat. No bathrooms or showers. Does have power and fresh water, but came back to the slip 2 or 3 times to find the water not working so I couldnt flush the motor or wash down the boat. Fun!

I'm paying $1300 and some change for a 19ft grady white season is until October then I have to pay $200 for November and another $200 for December if I want. So $1700 for freshwater, clean bathrooms and less than 10 minutes from Debs Inlet. Worth it. 

3 hours ago, puff tentacle said:

Just curious, where in the Western sound is that?

City Island

$2600 4/1 to 12/1, power, water, showers, up to 30', floating dock same price, I'm on waiting list, behind Sandy hook 

Posted (edited)

I'm in Western sound and $900 a season. Has bar reteraunt, lockers, and I am right on the sound....

Edited by dleopoldi914

Man, you guys are putting out the bucks.

I currently do not have a boat, but my neighborhood pier is $21/ft, water, power and ice for the locked pier.

Open pier, where anyone in the community can walk on(or general public if they trespass, and know about the place) is $16.

My brother in law belongs to a boat club, $100 a year for dues, and another hundred for a slip...only catch there is slip selection is based on club seniority, so your first slip will not be the best, It takes a few years to be able to move out to a better one for the same money. and you have to be a member for a year before you can apply for a slip. And, you gotta know somebody to get in.

The club has been around since the 1880s, and in on a choice piece of undeveloped tidal creek front property just outside of Baltimore. The bummer of the location is that it is just up the creek from a large Coast Guard station/repair yard. You are going to be stopped, and checked several times a year. Keep the yellow paper inspection receipt handy so you do not get inspected every time.

3K for a 23', water, bathrooms and showers, fuel , may 1 --November 1   4 minutes from my house. Peconic bay  North Sea

Posted (edited)

2.2k for a 24' water,power,bathrooms in fairfield county CT, in water 4/15 to 11/15 stored at marina over winter. all this about 5 mins from the sound.

Edited by Viceversa10

16 hours ago, dena said:

Man, you guys are putting out the bucks.

I currently do not have a boat, but my neighborhood pier is $21/ft, water, power and ice for the locked pier.

Open pier, where anyone in the community can walk on(or general public if they trespass, and know about the place) is $16.

My brother in law belongs to a boat club, $100 a year for dues, and another hundred for a slip...only catch there is slip selection is based on club seniority, so your first slip will not be the best, It takes a few years to be able to move out to a better one for the same money. and you have to be a member for a year before you can apply for a slip. And, you gotta know somebody to get in.

The club has been around since the 1880s, and in on a choice piece of undeveloped tidal creek front property just outside of Baltimore. The bummer of the location is that it is just up the creek from a large Coast Guard station/repair yard. You are going to be stopped, and checked several times a year. Keep the yellow paper inspection receipt handy so you do not get inspected every time.

1/2 mile down the road is less than half price, not as nice, not as safe.  I drive 1 1/2 hours to the marina, for me it's worth a few extra bucks to be fast on to the water

$450 for year round.  Docks were just replaced.  Freshwater and electric.  Cameras up everywhere.  Fillet station.  Can drop the crab pots there.  Can store the trailer there.  Aren't alot of **** canoes around so you ain't got to worry about stuff getting stolen.  Marina is also considered a safe harbor so wind really isn't a concern.