706On-a-Stick

Van Staal Service Long Island

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

I would like to have my VS275 serviced before this upcoming season. My neighbor used to take care of all my Van Staals, but has sinced moved.

How much can I expect to pay for a service? Who on the island is recommended? Who is the budget option?

Thanks guys.

You can also send it back to VS in Tulsa, OK.

PS: Technically Cow Harbor is not an authorized VS Service Center, but doesn't mean that they are not really good !!!

On 3/14/2018 at 2:13 PM, frazerp said:

You can also send it back to VS in Tulsa, OK.

PS: Technically Cow Harbor is not an authorized VS Service Center, but doesn't mean that they are not really good !!!

How much can i expect to pay to send her back to Tulsa, OK? Who pays shipping?

55 mins ago, 706On-a-Stick said:

How much can i expect to pay to send her back to Tulsa, OK? Who pays shipping?

I don’t recommend.

Only had to send my reel there once to figure that one out.

Info is right on the VS website:

For $49.95, plus the cost of parts and return shipping, Van Staal factory-trained technicians and engineers are prepared to inspect and service your reel. This service includes opening the sealed body; cleaning, inspecting, lubricating and re-sealing the reel water-tight so it is ready to face the elements without limitations. We recognize that your reel is an investment and we will work with you to protect and ensure maximum performance, while maintaining reasonable cost for you. We find joy in getting your reel ready to go back out, get fished hard, and hook the fish of a lifetime.

To get your reel serviced and maintained, simply call or send the reel, along with a completed Product Return Form , and we will acknowledge its receipt, perform the maintenance, communicate as needed and send it back to you for more fishing.

Bert is the man.  I drove from Staten Island to drop off my vs 200.  When I dropped it off, I asked how long before I could pick it up.  Bert said "4 days".  When he found out that I traveled so far, he said go have lunch.   It will be ready when you get back.  True to his word.  Fully serviced and ready to go.   You can't beat that kind of service.  

37 mins ago, Basstid said:

Bert is the man.  I drove from Staten Island to drop off my vs 200.  When I dropped it off, I asked how long before I could pick it up.  Bert said "4 days".  When he found out that I traveled so far, he said go have lunch.   It will be ready when you get back.  True to his word.  Fully serviced and ready to go.   You can't beat that kind of service.  

That's Bert, besides the best reel tech a great human to boot.

Burt is the definitely the guy to go to. If he isn’t too slammed, he will usually service your reel wile you wait and shoot the **** with you. I never have been disappointed by him.   

Don"t send to Tulsa-first time the handle was not collapsed causing the box to be bulged out-thank God no damage--second time used the reel one time-worked fine next time I used the reel it was very stiff-I stopped using it--when I went home I checked for any oil leaks-none spotted-had a friend open it up--no oil in the reel--they must have forgot to fill with oil-thank God I stopped using the reel- filled with oil and good to go--just my opinion--go to Bert--rreelman