Day Light Savings Time

Rate this topic

bonefishdick

Well it' finally time to Spring forward.  

I always had mixed feeling over this, I think what I never liked about it was if I had to be on the water before sunrise or if I really wanted to do it right and be on the water before the sky started to get light I had to factor in the time to get up and get ready plus the commute is when I felt most strongly opposed to loosing that hours sleep.

Edited by bonefishdick

The Tug Is The Drug

P1060161avrs.JPG.4cfec72f29b8d59afe85d0e7a9d85266.JPG

2 hours ago, bonefishdick said:

Well it' finally time to Spring forward.  

I always had mixed feeling over this, I think what I never liked about it was if I had to be on the water before sunrise or if I really wanted to do it right and be on the water before the sky started to get light I had to factor in the time to get up and get ready plus the commute is when I felt most strongly opposed to loosing that hours sleep.

Smile.  With daylight savings time, sunrise is an hour later than it would be otherwise.

24 mins ago, Slacker said:

Smile.  With daylight savings time, sunrise is an hour later than it would be otherwise.

I'm feeling better already, for some reason I had it all Bass Ackwards in my mind, Thanks. This getting old os never easy.

The Tug Is The Drug

P1060161avrs.JPG.4cfec72f29b8d59afe85d0e7a9d85266.JPG

57 mins ago, Slacker said:

LOL

Sunrise will be always at same time no matter where are the hands on the clock.

Sun was/is/will be always running on its own time

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

30 mins ago, Slacker said:

Unfortunately the rest of us are slaves to the clock.

Not the rest of us.

Most of us

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

I saw on the news today a few states have opted out of changing which will cause confusion, maybe the pimple is getting a head.  I always hated it I had to be in work at 6am when I was driving thru deer country and just starting to get some daylight I would be right back into the dark.

Hmmm!  There is no tick tock clock by which the universe operates.  Only mankind worries about time.  I would guess that fish have no clocks other than light and dark skies.  What did folks do before clocks?  All artificial ideas to begin with.  VeeRay, good idea.  And, let's not get into that time and space are a continuum.  Now I am getting stupid, so I quit!   :banghd:

19 hours ago, squidder 329 said:

I saw on the news today a few states have opted out of changing which will cause confusion, maybe the pimple is getting a head.  I always hated it I had to be in work at 6am when I was driving thru deer country and just starting to get some daylight I would be right back into the dark.

Florida is one of them. The bill passed, and hopefully I'll never have to reset the clocks on my cars and appliances again. 

"Talent does what it can, genius does what it has to"