pricise10

Asbury fishing flea market 2018

106 posts in this topic

33 mins ago, Kml said:

Maybe the wife too so I can get 6 LOL. 

Good idea 

12 hours ago, fishless said:

Get on line early to make sure you get those Mag Darters. 

Can't find that damn color anywhere.....everytime I've ordered online I get something different smh.

Can I ask a stupid question?  Why do people spend all this money on plug collecting.  Do they consider it art work?  I'm just confused.  

I plan on hitting up the asbury park show just to see what is going on, but whats wrong with tsunami XD's, or super strikes, or mag darters.  Are these other plugs so much better that they are going to catch me a better fish?

2 hours ago, Goldy said:

Can I ask a stupid question?  Why do people spend all this money on plug collecting.  Do they consider it art work?  I'm just confused.  

I plan on hitting up the asbury park show just to see what is going on, but whats wrong with tsunami XD's, or super strikes, or mag darters.  Are these other plugs so much better that they are going to catch me a better fish?

Yeah it's an art thing for the most part. The other part is that they are normally very hard to get. I think it's funny when guys horde unproven plugs that cost $50 new.

2 hours ago, Goldy said:

A combination of rarity and paint scheme/design.  Some of these pieces are truly worth admiring and placing on a mantle.  There are other builders whose work is equally admirable and are available at a reasonable price making it more tolerable to fish and risk losing. 

Cyclone will be the biggest draw, dmag then tb lures. The ebay market has died also since that f--f buyer died last year. 

5 hours ago, Goldy said:

Mike Fixter works of art.

P1070680.JPG

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Goldy said:

There’s always a guy that sells the bootleg :bucktooth:ones outside in the parking lot, look for him. 

Edited by pricise10

1 hour ago, pricise10 said:

There’s always a guy that sells the bootleg :bucktooth:ones outside in the parking lot, look for him. 

There will prob be a line for that too.

1 hour ago, pricise10 said:

Do I know you?

Posted (edited)

Anyone know what Dmag is asking for a pencil now a days? I am one of the few that fish them and have a pencil I'd like to replace. But there comes a spending point where they become a piece of art instead of a fishing lure, and thus I'll have to look else where for a good pencil if the price is now jacked too high..

Edited by BassinJ

24 mins ago, BassinJ said:

Anyone know what Dmag is asking for a pencil now a days? I am one of the few that fish them and have a pencil I'd like to replace. But there comes a spending point where they become a piece of art instead of a fishing lure, and thus I'll have to look else where for a good pencil if the price is now jacked too high..

I thought I read all his stuff was priced between 50-65$, I could be wrong though.