Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Any where the ocean meets the rocks...or a river/creek meets the ocean...pretty much most of southern Maine is a good place to fish for striped bass. People on this site aren't going to tell you where to stand, it's against the rules :read:  Grab your gear, check out a map or Google Earth, ask a local tackle shop for some starting points...or, worst case scenario - drive east, find a spot you can park that's near the water - and go fishing :)

TimS

1 hour ago, Mainefishhunter7737 said:

Yeah  I mean I know some spots they just aren’t very good 

Recon missions r your homework then. Like was said above grab a rod and park and fish. Look for other Fisherman. If they're around you know your in a spot that probably produces fish. Walk by and start a conversation with them. Most likely friendly and may give ya a few tips for that area or may advice ya on other areas. Local shops r great to put you where the masses go. Then you can branch off from there and find your own spots. Search this site as well. You'll be able to pull a few spots with good research

A few years ago my wife and I went up to Kennebunkport for 4 days. Did the tourist stuff, walked the town etc. Water everywhere from the creek running out to the sound from town to the beaches, back bay grass and sod banks, and all the rock formations, I did not see a spot I wouldn't bother with had I brought a rod. And, of course permission.

Nice job Harder, you leave the state according to your avatar for SC then give up some fishing spots, what a jerk bait, 

The helpful way is to direct new fishers to a local bait and tackle for info.