Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SurfCasterNJ

LAMI GSB101MS

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Anyone use this rod ? I'm looking for a rod to throw those larger plugs on the open beach and around  jettys and such , and seems like the new GSB would be awesome! just wanted to know if anyone has any input on it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 mins ago, SurfCasterNJ said:

Anyone use this rod ? I'm looking for a rod to throw those larger plugs on the open beach and around  jettys and such , and seems like the new GSB would be awesome! just wanted to know if anyone has any input on it 

Still the same blank. Lamiglas just stepped up their game with new layout and handle design....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, redhawk19 said:

Still the same blank. Lamiglas just stepped up their game with new layout and handle design....

Yeah I’ve never used any of the GSB’s before.

Edited by SurfCasterNJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That rod is the factory build of the GSB1201L blank. One of (if not the)  most versatile plugging blanks in modern surfcasting history. Been around a long time, and has landed lots of great fish. Throws down to 3/4 up to about 3, and works a pencils extremely well. There are lots and lots of guys with that rod, either factory or custom build, who would probably let ya try one out. I have both. Where are you located? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

19 mins ago, 555jkeegs said:

That rod is the factory build of the GSB1201L blank. One of (if not the)  most versatile plugging blanks in modern surfcasting history. Been around a long time, and has landed lots of great fish. Throws down to 3/4 up to about 3, and works a pencils extremely well. There are lots and lots of guys with that rod, either factory or custom build, who would probably let ya try one out. I have both. Where are you located? 

Thanks! That’s Awesome to hear. , I really would want the 101MS because it’s 2-5oz, I’m looking to throw those bigger swimmers and Danny’s and stuff like that, I am located in Monmouth County New Jersey. Also it’s a 1 piece which I think is great. 

Edited by SurfCasterNJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SurfCasterNJ said:

Thanks! That’s Awesome to hear. , I really would want the 101MS because it’s 2-5oz, I’m looking to throw those bigger swimmers and Danny’s and stuff like that, I am located in Monmouth County New Jersey. Also it’s a 1 piece which I think is great. 

 

10 hours ago, 555jkeegs said:

That rod is the factory build of the GSB1201L blank. One of (if not the)  most versatile plugging blanks in modern surfcasting history. Been around a long time, and has landed lots of great fish. Throws down to 3/4 up to about 3, and works a pencils extremely well. There are lots and lots of guys with that rod, either factory or custom build, who would probably let ya try one out. I have both. Where are you located? 

 

I think you are thinking of the old rods. The new GSB line is out. And the Lamiglas GSB101MS is a medium power 2 to 5 ounce rod. While the GSB101LS is a light power 1 to 3 ounce rod. Which tells me the 101MS is the 120 1M and the 101LS is the 120 1L. 

 

And I actually think the ratings on the new GSB line are pretty close to accurate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, 555jkeegs said:

@PhilCVG  I may be mistaken then!  I know my older factory 101ms (1201L) is rayed 2-5 as well, but we all know that isn’t an accurate rating at all for that blank 

 

Yes the old XS101MS is the 120 1L. I rebuilt one for myself and it certainly isn't a 2 to 5 ounce rod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 7:40 AM, PhilCVG said:

 

 

I think you are thinking of the old rods. The new GSB line is out. And the Lamiglas GSB101MS is a medium power 2 to 5 ounce rod. While the GSB101LS is a light power 1 to 3 ounce rod. Which tells me the 101MS is the 120 1M and the 101LS is the 120 1L. 

 

And I actually think the ratings on the new GSB line are pretty close to accurate. 

Correct. It really bugged me that the “L” power GSB blanks were labeled as “M” power rods in the XS series, so with the new GSB rod series I made sure the power ratings from the blanks they were built on matched up with the power they were labeled as a finished rod.

 

Also did my best to change the lure ratings on the rod series to reflect a truer range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2018 at 8:59 PM, 555jkeegs said:

That rod is the factory build of the GSB1201L blank. One of (if not the)  most versatile plugging blanks in modern surfcasting history. Been around a long time, and has landed lots of great fish. Throws down to 3/4 up to about 3, and works a pencils extremely well. There are lots and lots of guys with that rod, either factory or custom build, who would probably let ya try one out. I have both. Where are you located? 

Hey,I've been looking at these two Rods also and was hoping you could answer a couple questions for me since you have them bolth? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2018 at 4:17 PM, SurfCasterNJ said:

Anyone use this rod ? I'm looking for a rod to throw those larger plugs on the open beach and around  jettys and such , and seems like the new GSB would be awesome! just wanted to know if anyone has any input on it 

So did you end up purchasing one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 2:39 PM, JerseyMike609 said:

So did you end up purchasing one?

I did not ever end up purchasing one, sorry I’ve been gone for a while ! I’m blaming the new baby Me and wife just had!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

This is a great inlet bucktail rod and heavy plug rod. Not my first choice tho fishing sand beaches unless it’s blowing 30-50

Edited by Justinj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.