Fishing Anthem- What’s Yours?

Rate this topic

Pearl Bomber

I'm usually at the mercy of my IPod.   I should set up a Fishing Play list or traveling play list.  On long drives, I try to start off with "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" done by Flats and Scruggs and arrive with "The Kesh Jig" by the Bothy Band.    A good march, the "Colonel Bogey March" is one I like or the "Raider's March".  Maybe some big Band, The Glenn Miller band's  "In the Mood".   Steve Earl's "Guitar Town" and considering some of the weather I've  fished in probably the Gordon Lightfoot's "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald".

7 mins ago, Night Moves said:

I listen to Bob Segar's greatest hits on my way to the surf. Roll Me Away is the first song that gets my blood flowing. Just a great American song. 

Segar is also why my handle name on SOL is Night Moves. 

Yes these oldies really are the only thing for late night driving. Turn the page is a favorite, it sets the mood.

Edited by Sandbar1

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333

Bringing back memories. When we were in hs/college me and a buddy used to go on a pb out of point lookout. Soon as we'd hit the dump on the Meadowbrook l.A. woman would go on. Great song at 5:30 am. Coming back, we were shot so usually some Metallica, maiden or Halloween.

Now its whatever wfuv is playing at the moment.

the human race has proved darwins theory of evolution wrong. we let the dumb survive. 

On 3/6/2018 at 0:44 PM, RudyH2O said:

The sound of the sea is music enough for me.

Once I’m there is all quiet. There are defiantly people who listen while they fish. Me, I tend to get some dumb made up rhythmic song in my head. I want to be quiet so I can hear pops and slaps...

8 mins ago, Pearl Bomber said:

Once I’m there is all quiet. There are defiantly people who listen while they fish. Me, I tend to get some dumb made up rhythmic song in my head. I want to be quiet so I can hear pops and slaps...

I often listen to late night radio in one ear during middle of the night jigging sessions on the canal. There's some crazy stuff on the radio at 2 am :eek: :scared:

I only keep an ear bud in one ear, I need to be able to hear what's going on out in the darkness.....

Chasing false echoes

DITCH TROLL 333

7 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

I often listen to late night radio in one ear during middle of the night jigging sessions on the canal. There's some crazy stuff on the radio at 2 am :eek: :scared:

I only keep an ear bud in one ear, I need to be able to hear what's going on out in the darkness.....

There is a lot of strange stuff that goes on at that place at night. I saw a lady abandon a cat in the visitor center parking lot around 2 am one night. She didn’t know I was resting I’m my truck. My wife was sleeping in the passenger seat. In hindsight we wish we would have rescued the poor thing...

17 mins ago, Pearl Bomber said:

There is a lot of strange stuff that goes on at that place at night. I saw a lady abandon a cat in the visitor center parking lot around 2 am one night. She didn’t know I was resting I’m my truck. My wife was sleeping in the passenger seat. In hindsight we wish we would have rescued the poor thing...

Your telling me, I need to keep an ear out at all times. Its one of those places that keeps me looking over my shoulder.......

A lot of strange dudes walking around even at 2 or 3 in the morning. If they don't have a rod or tackle that's when I start to get a bit nervous.......

Edited by Sandbar1

Chasing false echoes

DITCH TROLL 333