Ward Melville Show

Rate this topic

I would like to thank everyone that participated in yesterdays Ward Melville HS Fishing Expo and Fundraiser.  The show every years is an awesome one to put on and an experience and a half for the kids to participate in.  From the vendors to all the guests that visited us....we would like to thank you for supporting us.

Something of note.  For the past several years, we have tried to promote an angle to our show....the FREE TACKLE GIVEAWAY to visitors (not club kids) that are what we consider "youth" anglers (5 to 20 years old).  The participating "youth" anglers participate in a scavenger hunt of sitting in on seminars to visiting either hands on workshop areas or education/conservation minded vendors that are spread throughout the show.   The past 2 years, we are left over with a good amount of tackle and what not.  I usually go and donate some to other causes around Long Island and I also raffle some off to the kids of the Ward Melville Fishing Club.  This year we were nearly WIPED out.  That's close to 2000 shirts, jigs, rigs, lures and miscellaneous other stuff combined....probably well over 2000 but you get the picture.  We are (and I know many people at the show have told me the same) seeing more and more kids coming to the show and we are now seeing greater participation.  This is a credit to all that have made the show what it has become.  It is something awesome to say the least, the best of the fishing community.

I know a large amount of guys that come to the show also go on SOL and wanted to share this.  I also wanted to let you know that I posted the raffle winners on our website as well as the clubs instagram account.  calls will be made later on today for those that were not able to stay for the drawing.

Thank you

Bob Wilson

Bob, everyone should be thanking you guys - you put on a hell of a show.  Great work!

Good seminars, a ton of vendors, and volunteers everywhere to help point out where everything was.  I came with an empty backpack and left barely able to carry it out on my own.  My only regret was not getting to the food truck before they ran out of food.

Great to see so many kids engaged and helping out.

The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

Cant wait for next show.

Great time, great people, great stuff.

Thank you Bob

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

Excellent show. Your kids are outstanding. Cant wait to next year. Although I have a few choice words for the IT guy and his wireless signal.

If you aren't fishing on the edge, you are probably blocking the channel.

Bob

The show was great,good thing i had my better half to reign in my spending. I have a box of penn 710 712 6500 and other assorted reels an such that i don't use any more . More than willing to donate to the club, gotta clear out space for all the new stuff from show.

Tom

20 hours ago, The Fishing Nerd said:

Bob, everyone should be thanking you guys - you put on a hell of a show.  Great work!

Good seminars, a ton of vendors, and volunteers everywhere to help point out where everything was.  I came with an empty backpack and left barely able to carry it out on my own.  My only regret was not getting to the food truck before they ran out of food.

Great to see so many kids engaged and helping out.

Rolling Smoke and Cravin It were both excellent.  The owners of Rolling Smoke notified me that they are opening a store front locally soon...I think Ronkonkoma.

17 hours ago, tjr said:

Bob

The show was great,good thing i had my better half to reign in my spending. I have a box of penn 710 712 6500 and other assorted reels an such that i don't use any more . More than willing to donate to the club, gotta clear out space for all the new stuff from show.

Tom

Thanks Tom, I can find new homes for gear, no problem!!

Does anybody know who was the lady that was selling teasers on the stand as soon as you walk into hallway from outside?

It was like 2nd on 3rd table just before DEC stand.

I would like to buy some more stuff from her.

Thanks

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

20 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Does anybody know who was the lady that was selling teasers on the stand as soon as you walk into hallway from outside?

It was like 2nd on 3rd table just before DEC stand.

I would like to buy some more stuff from her.

Thanks

Crabby Girl

pm sent

Edited by missinglink08

Bob

Thanks a lot

- Henry Ford-