HighEndHooker

Hogy Pro Tails

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, pclassic said:

Where can I find the 6 inch sea shad in that color? I went to Bass Pro this morning and they don't have them in that size or color. They only had 5 and 7 inch and nothing close to that color.

go to amazon and use the link from this site,they are true killers!

HH

ps-don't sleep on albino shad too!

43 mins ago, Roddy said:

do they come in large lengths than 6 inch?

I never saw them longer even on their website.

HH

Check out the 7.8 inch keitech or the zman 8" mag swim.

14 mins ago, nateD said:

Check out the 7.8 inch keitech or the zman 8" mag swim.

I've seen the Zman 8 inch mag swimmer at a tackle shop last summer. Looks like a good size bait. I'm guessing this plastic one floats since all my other Zmans do. So my question is, do you fish it with jig head or a no weight swimbait hook or a weighted swimbait hook? Thanks

4 mins ago, pclassic said:

I've seen the Zman 8 inch mag swimmer at a tackle shop last summer. Looks like a good size bait. I'm guessing this plastic one floats since all my other Zmans do. So my question is, do you fish it with jig head or a no weight swimbait hook or a weighted swimbait hook? Thanks

I fish all my swimbaits with a weighted swimbait hook like the owner beast or a  jighead so I’m not sure if it floats. Only plastic I’ll fish weightless is the jerkbait type like a sluggo.

22 mins ago, yosco said:

Plus the Zmans will hold up if bluefish are mixed in.

It is amazing how strong these things are, a few blues can tear them up though kind of depends how they get hooked.

1 hour ago, nateD said:

I fish all my swimbaits with a weighted swimbait hook like the owner beast or a  jighead so I’m not sure if it floats. Only plastic I’ll fish weightless is the jerkbait type like a sluggo.

Yeah, those are floaters. I use the 10 inch swimmerz by Zman. No paddle tail just a straight tail. Looks like a 10 inch eel or sluggo only a little thicker than a sluggo. Caught a few with it. Awesome action when you get it moving by twitching your rod tip. Kinda like how you'd work a spook.