IDs for needles? Couple might be Lex?

Southcoastphil

Four needles.  # 2 and #3 look (to my untrained eye) to come from the same builder, which might be Lex or something similar from Tony S and CharlieK?

Haven't fished the top one, but nos 2, 3 and 4 work great.

Always appreciate your help, guys.

P1030182.JPG

P1030180.JPG

P1030181.JPG

P1030183.JPG

P1030185.JPG

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher

1 hour ago, CharlieK said:

I don't believe any of those are Driftwood, Lex or Spina.

I was hoping that you'd opine, CharlieK.  Given my lack of expertise, are there any characteristics that one might look for to recognize the plugs that you had a hand in building over the years?  

Edited by Southcoastphil

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

A near impossible question to answer. How do you describe a shape or an angle?  Lips are very much alike and hardware too. Honestly I often have trouble telling some of my own apart. Driftwood, Original Lex, Scotty Lex?

Many of the same patterns were used by all three builds and paint was almost identical. None were ever signed like many of the builders do today.

If your kid was lost and you had to give a description to the police, what would you say to help them without giving them a picture? 4' 2" , brown hair, brown eyes . That should make a sufficient ID. But if they found six kids with brown hair and brown eyes at 4' 2" and put all six in front of you , you would have no problem picking out yours.

On 3/1/2018 at 10:51 AM, CharlieK said:

A near impossible question to answer. How do you describe a shape or an angle?  Lips are very much alike and hardware too. Honestly I often have trouble telling some of my own apart. Driftwood, Original Lex, Scotty Lex?

Many of the same patterns were used by all three builds and paint was almost identical. None were ever signed like many of the builders do today.

If your kid was lost and you had to give a description to the police, what would you say to help them without giving them a picture? 4' 2" , brown hair, brown eyes . That should make a sufficient ID. But if they found six kids with brown hair and brown eyes at 4' 2" and put all six in front of you , you would have no problem picking out yours.

With the utmost respect, I was hoping to learn about attributes that might have included rear loop wraps, types of lips and types of eyes.

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...