Bfishes333

Favorite inshore fish to catch and why?

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

I spend most of my time fishing with my kids, so I'll go with the lowly porgy.  Good on the table, easy to catch, fun on light tackle, and I don't spend half the day unhooking them or baiting hooks.

On my own, jigging in a school of angry bluefish is always a source of great pleasure to me.

For inshore, gotta be Tog.  It means you're anchored on a wreck, more often than not dealing with "drop and reel" fishing, catching Sea Bass and an occasional Cod as byctach, and doing battle with a true den of thieves.

Great, but tough question.  This seems to change year to year.  But I'd say Albies in a close battle with Tog.  Mostly cuz I know what I'm doing with Albies and have just started with the Tog, so it has been mostly fishing with the Tog vs catching with the albies.   Love the top water action with Albies and they can tease the hell out of you.  Some days I can do no wrong, other days its a struggle to land a few.  Love the fall weather and the fact that the tourist have all gone home. 

Black sea bass a close third.  Before I bought a boat two years ago, stripers in the surf or sight fishing for bass with a fly. 

On 2/27/2018 at 11:58 AM, Bfishes333 said:

Just curious to see what your favorite inshore fish is to catch amd the reason why? 

Blackfishing! Pound for pound strongest fish around.