Charles River Striper

Rate this topic

Twisted

6 mins ago, iputmyhoursin said:

I’m a closer then you think, I’m in Cambridge and don’t think it’s a spot burn at all. It’s a couple of guys having a good time catching a holdover in February. No sense in having sissy’s on the forums get their panties in a bunch. I fish all winter, even during my lunch break. I’m that guy with a rod in his truck year round! It’s nice to see someone is having some luck. 

Smart man picking a side, you don’t want to burn those bridges when comes to the BST forum, spring is around the corner...

I don't know if I picked the right side lol after reading more of the comments def don't think it's necessary to call in on if they had license....but do think this site has rules about spot burning and think we should follow them.

3 mins ago, Joppa said:

I don't know if I picked the right side lol after reading more of the comments def don't think it's necessary to call in on if they had license....but do think this site has rules about spot burning and think we should follow them.

As far as I'm concerned, no violation occured here. That fish and location was on the network news long before it ever arrived on SOL.

Secondly, the Charles in a large area with many places to fish. If someone had narrowed the location down to a specific street then I'd certainly feel differently. 

The Sultan of Sluggo

12 mins ago, bob_G said:

As far as I'm concerned, no violation occured here. That fish and location was on the network news long before it ever arrived on SOL.

Secondly, the Charles in a large area with many places to fish. If someone had narrowed the location down to a specific street then I'd certainly feel differently. 

The video gives an exact location and it shouldn't matter if it was already on the news it still made it to this site, was the link of the report removed?

6 mins ago, Joppa said:

The video gives an exact location and it shouldn't matter if it was already on the news it still made it to this site, was the link of the report removed? 

It's February. Someone caught a wayward striper in February and it gets mentioned on Stripers Online and you want it deleted.  Do you seriously believe this report will impact the Charles going forward? Because I don't.

The Sultan of Sluggo

1 min ago, bob_G said:

It's February. Someone caught a wayward striper in February and it gets mentioned on Stripers Online and you want it deleted.  Do you seriously believe this report will impact the Charles going forward? Because I don't.

You have to understand that some of us fish through the winter....it shouldn't matter what time of year it is....a burn is a burn and the video is a brutal one. But I'm not asking for this to be deleted because I'm pretty sure the link was already removed, but everyone got there say in so I'm just adding mine. 

48 mins ago, bob_G said:

It will most certainly impact that specific spot on the Charles.

27 mins ago, bob_G said:

Brother Joe,

You and I both know that in 2 weeks this story will be all but forgotten. :)

That may be true however it may well impact one location that is readily available for that time frame :howdy::theman:

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

3 hours ago, xjclint said:

Guys didn't have a clue so I had a hunch they probably didn't buy a license. Takes two seconds to check online and I figured if they were brazen enough to go to the press they warrant a check. Guess I was wrong.

By the way, two new anglers at the spot today looking for fish. They saw the story and wanted in.

Imagine if that was one of your local spots. I bet you would feel differently if your rock on the canal was mobbed or your jetty position was gone. Just because it's known to a small group of people in the know doesn't mean every yahoo with a rod watching CBS deserves to skip the learning process and mob it thanks to a few lucky kids who put out an exaggerated story and act like they are pros.

2 more anglers showed up, thats where the sympathy is supposed to kick in? I mean c'mon, you live in a city! I live in a small town where every yahoo from Maine to Jersey muscles me out from my first, second, and third choices at all hours when the report goes out "the fish are in". I get guys from 50+ miles away telling me to go back to where I came from... I come from here:mad:! You don't have to tell me about spotburns! My point was, you created a problem when there was none and quite frankly, you weren't very neighborly. If the tables were turned, you would not appreciate that kind of treatment. 

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

It will most certainly impact that specific spot on the Charles.

5 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

That may be true however it may well impact one location that is readily available for that time frame :howdy::theman:

Well then I suggest both you and Joe place a conference call to the Boston tv station that aired the story in the first place, and not lay the blame at the feet of SOL. :)

The Sultan of Sluggo