albacized

LL Bean surf bagLL Bean surf bag

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have been holding off for the right surf bag after losing my previous plug bag which was 40$. I remember hating hooks being caught on the bag, so the ll bean may do the job. I am sure I’ll bebpresently surprised for 111$ (25%)I need a plug bag really bad. I’ve gone fishing like triple the amount of times last season and ive

been using a Plano with no lid inside a backpack. It drives me nuts. Can’t wait .

Edited by jeffapeikin

This is from the LL Bean website:

• 4 plug tubes hold an impressive number of lures.
  • Main compartment has generous lure storage capacity and 6 drainage holes.
  • Side storage holds soft plastic baits, snaps, clips, leaders and other accessories.
  • Front storage pouch holds rigged soft plastic lures, jigs and tins and has 4 drainage holes.
  • Imported.
  • Molded back panel provides comfort and support when the bag is fully loaded.
  • Shoulder strap features an inflatable pad you can fill to suit your preference.
  • Made from super-tough, snag-free hypalon and sailcloth.
  • Three-point harness adjusts to keep bag firmly in place as you wade or rock hop.
  • Magnetic closure on main compartment lid is strong and reliable

Seems high compared to the bag that J & H sells. But then I'm using a converted British army gas mask bag, so everything seems high. :p

Posted (edited)

Probably not, but I have a sebile and will be able to report back in a week. 

Edited by jeffapeikin

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, Reed422 said:

Could you fit a glide bait or stick shad in this bag?

once received ill check. Should be here soon if not already in the lobby of where I live. 

Posted (edited)

2 mins ago, jeffapeikin said:

once received ill check. Should be here soon if not already in the lobby of where I live. 

Thanks. Can you also check out what that underneath piece is and if the tubes are removable. 

Edited by Reed422

3 hours ago, Reed422 said:

Thanks. Can you also check out what that underneath piece is and if the tubes are removable. 

Okay,

so here is the deal:

removable tubes, bottom is a rubber material with holes. Band holds the individual tubes in a group. Everything is removable. D rings are plastic 

2A9F33A9-F0DD-44CF-AD82-BC14BDBB000D.jpeg

C007C3FC-3074-417F-9234-482940040749.jpeg

EFD5DDCC-8933-4119-A519-0FC19C6D0F81.jpeg

237E2E69-22F8-41DB-AE6A-080B264AE70A.jpeg

20D4F59A-8CD9-4BDE-B09B-5263E00D66F4.jpeg

67F0CD83-ABF2-48DB-BA50-4A0850FDEA42.jpeg

42 mins ago, jeffapeikin said:

Okay,

so here is the deal:

removable tubes, bottom is a rubber material with holes. Band holds the individual tubes in a group. Everything is removable. D rings are plastic 

2A9F33A9-F0DD-44CF-AD82-BC14BDBB000D.jpeg

C007C3FC-3074-417F-9234-482940040749.jpeg

EFD5DDCC-8933-4119-A519-0FC19C6D0F81.jpeg

237E2E69-22F8-41DB-AE6A-080B264AE70A.jpeg

20D4F59A-8CD9-4BDE-B09B-5263E00D66F4.jpeg

67F0CD83-ABF2-48DB-BA50-4A0850FDEA42.jpeg

Looks great thanks! May need to grab one of these

Posted (edited)

Stitching is only single stitch. I see this as a potential issue. 

Edited by jeffapeikin

I've been to bass pro and cabelas and they have no plug bags in store.  Ll bean is only 5 miles away and I never thought to check them out. I'm going today to check out the bag

Just reporting back. The bag has been used on the beach and I waded with it a little bit. The bag floated as opposed to waiting me down. Only went waist deep. The tubes are deep and smaller lures will fall down the bottom, which annoys me. This bag is a larger bag and can get heavy. It will not fit on the belt. The three way clip is nice and don’t find myself using the blow up shoulder pad. Bucktail ouch in front is a little tough to get to when overpacked with lures. Most guys I’ve seen this week seem to be using the gear up stuff which attaches to their belt.  If you like carrying your tackle box on your shoulder it’s a great bag. You can always remove and put down. Just don’t leave it there. Thieves could take advantage. Ask me how I know. Like the two large pockets in either side for storing water bottle, long pliers, knife, cell, smokes. I am happy with this purchase. Also, if anything should happen I would imagine it’s warrantied. 

6 hours ago, Reed422 said:

25% off right now - tempting!

You won’t be sorry. Hooks don’t catch on the sail cloth. That alone makes it a keeper. Well doesn’t get stuck nearly as often. Few places it occurs. Barely at all.

7 hours ago, spbk84 said:

I've been to bass pro and cabelas and they have no plug bags in store.  Ll bean is only 5 miles away and I never thought to check them out. I'm going today to check out the bag

Did they have in stock. I bought online unseen. If I can get a few years and possibly have warranty coverage I’m happy.