rodsoutfishing

Thoughts on Costa Sunglasses?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

I just ordered a pair of Tuna Alley 580g’s. Supposed to be the best lenses right up there with Maui Jims for fishing.

wife got me a pair of blackfin 580g in tortoise...she spent $250...i was foolish and after having them a month washed them in my jacket pocket...left lens shattered....i warrantied them....they had to replace both lenses because they come in pairs...cost me $100 to warranty them...didnt have them for a month...got them back and within a month they developed a microscopic scratch on the lens from using the cleaning cloth when they had salt water on them...i will not warranty them again...$350 dollar sunglasses that i don't wear at all unless its for a special occasion...my friend had a similar warranty experience when the frames became loose on his face....their warranty is dog $h*t...the clarity on the initial wear is awesome but its just a brand...i buy spy polarized now...still up to $175 a pair but from people who make ski googles and racing googles those glasses can take a friggin beatdown

Have two pair. Getting the right fit is important, obviously

Have a pair of Maui Jim's and gotta say I like them more.

580g's on all three.

I've been wearing Costas for about 15 years and love them.  I have both the 460 lenses and the 580g.  The 460 in blue mirror glass are great for bright sunny days, though the 580 in blue mirror would be better. I wear the 580g in green mirror for shallow or darker water and slightly overcast days.

Maui Jims are also great, although they didn't have a frame for my funny shaped face last time I was shopping for glasses.

As for warranty they have always been fair.  If it was something I broke,  I paid way less than new glasses. I believe I had one actual warranty issue and it was fixed at no charge.

Sam 

Love my Costas. Been wearing them for about 10 years. I've had fathoms, salt breaks, and now tuna alley. Best sunglasses I've ever worn. Get the 580g lenses for sure.

love mine. I'll never forget the vendor Rep taking a house key to the lens and then handed me the glasses and key and asked me to give it a shot. Very impressive. I've had mine for almost 10 years now.