Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JahDW

Penn Philly - no more walk in reel service

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

No more "walk -ins" at Penn on Hunting Park Ave.  I just went to drop off a reel to see a sign saying you can only ship the reel... and they charge another $16 to ship it back.

W T F

This is a major reason I buy Penn... so i can drive 10 mins and drop off my reels for service.  You know, actually talk to a person.

7 mins ago, JahDW said:

No more "walk -ins" at Penn on Hunting Park Ave.  I just went to drop off a reel to see a sign saying you can only ship the reel... and they charge another $16 to ship it back.

W T F

This is a major reason I buy Penn... so i can drive 10 mins and drop off my reels for service.  You know, actually talk to a person.

there were some problems in the neighborhood.  I was disappointed to but i understand why they needed to do it.  clear your head and think about it. 

this is how it went down. 

On 7/7/2017 at 10:16 AM, crazybellringer said:

Hey i am in bad shape.  I never did anything about the fathom part i needed.  Do you know if i can come by the factory and buy the part today? I was thinking of swinging by around 12:30 or 1 but I don't want to mess up anyones lunch break.

Bob

On 7/7/2017 at 10:21 AM, PENN Fishing said:

Bob,

Recent incidents required us to stop allowing visitors or office drop-offs, parts purchases, etc.  I am sorry but you will need to order online from one of our Vendors or by calling us..

tony

response to my nasty email:

Thank you for contacting Penn concerning the repair of your reel. The facility in Philadelphia is our manufacturing facility for Penn reels. We have offered drop of service for repairs for several years as a courtesy to our customers. Unfortunately due to heightened security needs we did close the drop off service about a year ago for the safety of our staff and consumers coming to our location.

Posted (edited)

Jah,

Return shipping will be no charge, just make note you are local when you ship your reel in.  As CrazyBell quoted, last year we had a security incident which prompted us to keep the building locked.  We are still servicing and manufacturing reels here, just not allowing drop-offs/walk-in's any longer.  I am sorry for any inconvenience.

tony

Edited by PENN Fishing

The Mercy Vo-Tech kids strike again, eh? :D

Hey Tony, you guys should get one of those swooshie things, like at the drive-thru at the bank! Put your reel in, and drop it off, all while keeping the dirties like Bellringer safely outside! 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, PENN Fishing said:

Jah,

Return shipping will be no charge, just make note you are local when you ship your reel in.  As CrazyBell quoted, last year we had a security incident which prompted us to keep the building locked.  We are still servicing and manufacturing reels here, just not allowing drop-offs/walk-in's any longer.  I am sorry for any inconvenience.

tony

Will this work for me too? I live right down the street. It’s really a shame but I know how bad these neighborhoods can be sometimes, even places that don’t seem like it. I wish they would have made it by appointment or something which would have fixed the problem. Maybe limit it to so many people and require identification. 

Edited by Big Will

Doesn't surprise me at all whenever I dropped stuff off I parked close and took a good look around before I got out of the car. Evil wins once again. :mad:

3 hours ago, squidder 329 said:

Doesn't surprise me at all whenever I dropped stuff off I parked close and took a good look around before I got out of the car. Evil wins once again. :mad:

The bad stuff always happens right outside the bad areas. It’s right near strawberry mansion so I guess what can you expect. I work in a bad area of the city and it’s not the bad areas where you really gotta watch out. It’s the places where you feel comfortable and don’t expect it.