achase

RIP and Giveaway

Rate this topic

88 posts in this topic

I'm giving this plug away in memory of my big half-brother, David Goodman who passed away this Monday February 12th. David lived on Nantucket Island from the early 70s until he passed and as you can imagine, he was able to enjoy some great fishing. He was a great fisherman, an engaged citizen and a contributor to his community. David was known and mostly liked by all. He wrote both an opinion and a fishing column for our hometown paper, The Inquirer and Mirror and he had lots of opinions! Though I've lived in New York for many years and we didn't see each other often enough, we would talk on the phone and share our fishing stories with each other.  David loved Bob Pond's Atom 40 and it's with him in mind that I'm offering up this BM A-40. Just give a quick parting word to David and tell me you're in.

I'll randomly pick someone by Friday at midnight.

Andrew Chase

david-goodman-796x419.jpg

brneVgoJTp25ioJjo6tXUw.jpg

wow that is an awesome place to live and fish. He was a lucky man. Fishing in heaven is probably not as good as nantucket and there is no way the beer will be as good either. 

Im in. 

Rest in Peace David, may his spirit and love for the ocean carry on with the currents. If I win please pass this along to someone under 18 who likes to fish for Striped Bass and Bluefish so David's spirit can help fulfill a young strong passion.

I'm in.

Sorry for your loss Andrew, David seems like the kind of guy who would have gotten along great with this online community.  May he rest in peace and have tight lines in Heaven.

The Fishermans Prayer for Dave..

"God grant…

That I may live to fish until my dying day,
And when my final cast is made
And life has slipped away,
I pray that God's great landing net
Will catch me in its sweep
And in His mercy, God will judge me
Big enough to keep."

I'm in.