First they went after Legal Trophy Hunters, and we said nothing.

Rate this topic

ThirstyOwl III

If they had an endangered shark up on the beach, when legally they had to cut the line as soon as they knew what it was, then they’re to blame.

If they were totally legal in what they were doing, then the media is to blame.

Trust me, I HATE the media. I think the first amendment needs to change to put an end to the biased crap that the media sells..... and they are definitely selling it. But that said, if the fishermen were doing something illegal, then we have to blame them. 

16 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

What edible shark were they targeting?

Or were they out to just have fun catching big sharks, dragging them up on the beach, taking pics, getting back in the water whenever, and if it doesn't live, oh well?

I’m not saying they were fishing for edible sharks, they were fishing sharks for sport. So what? I do it for Albies and Stripers every chance I get and I don’t eat either of them, 

You do your best to revive knowing you are going to lose a few. Don’t kid yourself they don’t all live.

these guys weren’t targeting an endangered species as much as we aren’t targeting Atlantic Sturgeon. 

Maybe ... they messed up by not cutting the line immediately and instead tried to remove the hook (I’m sure their intentions were good). It doesn’t make them monsters. 

This news piece makes them look like monsters.  Give me a break.

Edited by ThirstyOwl III

(*member formerly known as 'ER31400')

7 mins ago, ThirstyOwl III said:

I’m not saying they were fishing for edible sharks, they were fishing sharks for sport. So what? I do it for Albies and Stripers every chance I get and I don’t eat either of them, 

You do your best to revive knowing you are going to lose a few. Don’t kid yourself they don’t all live.

these guys weren’t targeting an endangered species as much as we aren’t targeting Atlantic Sturgeon. 

They messed up by not cutting the line immediately and instead tried to remove the hook (I’m sure their intentions were good. It doesn’t make them monsters. 

This news piece makes them look like monsters.  Give me a break.

I'm not saying they're monsters, but they certainly seem to have set themselves up for some bad press.

Whether it's you with Albies or me with Stripers, we catch one, unhook it, maybe take a pic, and off it goes.  Out of the water 30 seconds?  Maybe 60 if we're taking a pic?

How long did they have that shark out of the water, on public beach, with people (including animal loving Liberals) right there?

If you don't want attention and criticism, you gotta be a litter smart sometimes.

If you catch a threatened species don’t drag it on the beach. Pretty easy concept right? 

There is land based shark fishing in Florida. Most do it at night away from the public. If you target sharks be responsible. 

I’m sorry but that reaction was ridiculous. Legal or not. They seemed to try and quick get the hook out and let it go. But her screaming get it back in the water and saying I couldn’t hardly breathe was nonsense. I would think they die mostly from the fight more then a minute or less on the beach. I’m not trying to start a argument.

Edited by matt boyer
Spelling

There's nothing wrong with fishing for sharks in Florida and tons of people do it.  You can't pick what species eats your bait.  They released the shark pretty quickly.  That's our SOL Florida forum shark catching master zcoker in the video.  See the Florida section for his take on it.  

5 hours ago, JTR said:

If they had an endangered shark up on the beach, when legally they had to cut the line as soon as they knew what it was, then they’re to blame.

If they were totally legal in what they were doing, then the media is to blame.

Trust me, I HATE the media. I think the first amendment needs to change to put an end to the biased crap that the media sells..... and they are definitely selling it. But that said, if the fishermen were doing something illegal, then we have to blame them. 

Changing the first amendment would be a slippery slope. I’d rather just deal with the lies of the media, that’s why I barely watch the news. Our rights are already slowly  being taken away behind our backs. 

I didnt see anything wrong with the guys on the beach. They got that big shark back in the water relatively quick. The three morons dragging that shark behind the power boat- different story there.  and oh man that woman should jump in the water and give that hammerhead mouth to mouth. 

If a man has no plan for the future, any road will take him there.