ksong

54 lb striper using 10' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Heavy in the Canal

Rate this topic

155 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, xjclint said:

What's more amazing, the fact that these jebronis got into a 50 or that they owned a Black Hole? Seems like a Shakespeare Alpha kind of crowd to me.

LOL... WOW,,, really....there is a old saying why 20% caught 80% of the BIG fish... these two guys are part of that 20%....

2 mins ago, lureman said:

LOL... WOW,,, really....there is a old saying why 20% caught 80% of the BIG fish... these two guys are part of that 20%....

Agreed!

3 mins ago, ged said:

Butch, I don’t get it. Why are they “better and respected”? 

They sounds silly. I am not impressed. 

Gary buddy, you might know of these two jerbroies ....

Based on the fact that it's daytime and he was not using a jig, I'd say it was mostly luck. Lots of people caught big fish at the canal this year but most were 40-44". Very few broke the 35-50lb mark.

18 mins ago, lureman said:

NICE WORK !, i personally know the fisherman who caught , and the so called "Narrater, they are two of the better and respected fishermen who fish the CCC, trust me they ain't no newbies or googans......  oh and by the way the Black- Hole heavy jigging rod did some fine work ....

Then that does not seem to say much about the rest of the CCC gang.

Tired of seeing dead bass from CCC

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

Don't think that rule applied this year on the canal.

last year i saw some amazing  fishing at the CCC, SURE a monkey with branch in hand could have caught fish, to be perfectly honest i hope this years CCC fishing, is like two years,ago. when the fishing was a little different  a little harder to caught, so to speak, two years ago less fish, less people, better rewards, 

Edited by lureman

That is an understatement Surfratiam....pathetic to say the least. would of taken a real fisherman to release it...

1 min ago, lureman said:

last i saw some amazing  fishing at the CCC, SURE a monkey with branch in hand could have caught fish, to be perfectly honest i hope this years CCC fishing, is like two years, when the fishing was a little different  a little harder to caught, so to speak, two years ago less fish, less people, better rewards, 

It was fun while it lasted but I couldn't agree with you more.

Just now, 7 Rivers said:

That is an understatement Surfratiam....pathetic to say the least. would of taken a real fisherman to release it...

Hopefully more guys will start to see the value in keeping these large fish alive.

It wont matter what fancy rods and reels you have when there's nothing left to catch.

Posted (edited) · Report post

22 mins ago, Surfratiam said:

Then that does not seem to say much about the rest of the CCC gang.

Tired of seeing dead bass from CCC

its called Commercial Day, take that up with the Mass. law-makers, i don't get involved , i am just a guest there , enjoying fishing, hanging with my friends both local from up Mass, and others, just for the record, i must have caught close to 300 fish, 85 % over 20 lb. or larger last summer at the CCC, I ONLY kept 2, cause of hook down deep in throat of the 2...

Edited by lureman